TPWJ, 2019, #2, 7-12 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #2, 2019 (March)
Delayed fracture resistance of welded joints of rotor steel 25Kh2NMFA after welding reheating
V.Yu. Skulsky1, G.N. Strizhius1, M.A. Nimko1, A.R. Gavrik1, A.G. Kantor2 and A.V. Konovalenko2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
199 Moskovsky Ave., 61037, Kharkov, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The work is dedicated to experimental investigation of influence of repeated thermal effects under conditions of manual arc welding of hardening heat-resistant steel on delayed fracture resistance of metal in HAZ region of earlier performed passes. Applicable to different schemes of temper bead deposition using Implant method there were determined quantitative characteristics of change of delayed fracture resistance. It is shown that obtained crack resistance in welding without preheating can be compared with resistance in welding with heating. Effect of reheating on change of structural and hydrogen factor, influencing crack formation was evaluated. 22 Ref., 7 Figures.
Keywords: hardening heat-resistant steel, welding reheating, delayed fracture, structural and hydrogen factors, Implant method, quantitative change of cracking resistance
1. Tsaryuk, A.K., Brednev, V.I. (1996) Problem of prevention of cold cracks. Avtomatich. Svarka, 1, 36–40 [in Russian].
2. Kasatkin, O.G. (1994) Peculiarities of hydrogen embrittlement of high-strength steels in welding. Ibid., 1, 3–7 [in Russian].
3. Sawhill, J.M., Dix, A.W., Savage, W.F. (1974) Modified Implant test for studying delayed cracking. Welding J., 12, 554-s–560-s.
4. Lippold, J.C. (2015) Welding metallurgy and weldability. USA, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118960332
5. Brednev, V.I., Kasatkin, B.S. (1988) Specific work of formation of cold crack centers in welding of low-alloy high-strength steels. Avtomatich. Svarka, 11, 6–11 [in Russian].
6. Makara, A.M., Mosendz, N.A. (1971) Welding of highstrength steels. Kiev, Tekhnika [in Russian].
7. Snisar, V.V., Demchenko, E.L. (1990) Prevention of cold cracks in welded joints of high-strength steel 15Kh2N4MDA with austenite-martensite weld. Avtomatich. Svarka, 2, 24–27 [in Russian].
8. Kurdyumov, G.V., Utevsky, L.M., Entin, R.I. (1977) Transformations in iron and steel. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
9. Gulyaev, A.P. (1978) Metals science. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
10. Skulsky, V.Yu. (2009) Peculiarities of kinetics of delayed fracture of welded joints of hardening steels. The Paton Welding J., 7, 12–17.
11. Kozlov, R.A. (1986) Welding of heat-resistant steels. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
12. Burashenko, I.A., Zvezdin, Yu.I., Tsukanov, V.V. (1981) Substantiation of preheating temperature in welding of chromium-nickel-molybdenum steels of martensite class. Avtomatich. Svarka, 11, 16–20 [in Russian].
13. Skulsky, V.Yu., Tsaryuk, A.K., Vasiliev, V.G., Strizhius, G.N. (2003) Structural transformations and weldability of hardening high-strength steel 20KhN4FA. The Paton Welding J., 2, 27–21.
14. Sinadsky, S.E. (1967) Method of multipass welding. Author’s cert. 202383. Byulleten Izobretenij, 19, 4.09.1967 [in Russian].
15. Novikov, I.I. (1971) Theory of heat treatment. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
16. Novikova, D.P., Bogachek, Yu.L., Semenov, S.E. et al. (1976) Influence of cooling and deformation on impact toughness of weld metal in welding of high-strength steel joints. Avtomatich. Svarka, 10, 21–23 [in Russian].
17. Metting, G.F., Hausen, T. (2014) Welche stahle wie Schweissen? Der Praktiker, 4, 142–147 [in German].
18. Irvin, A.B. (1991) Promising chrome-moly steel returns to American shores. Welding J., 12, 35–40.
19. Zeman, M., Blacha, S. (2014) Spawalne martenzytyczne stale zarowitrymale nowej generacji. Przeglad Spawalnictwa, 4, 51–61 [in Polish].
20. Hoizer, G. (1977) Filler materials for welding power machine building. Avtomatich. Svarka, 9, 40–44, 47 [in Russian].
21. Herold, H., Krebs, S., Arjakin, N. (2002) New methods of orbital welding — a contribution towards joinability of new materials. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Welding — Quality — Competitiveness (October 23–24, 2002, Moscow).
22. Wang, Y., Lundin, C.D., Qiao, C.Y.P. et al. (2005) Halfbead temper-bead controlled deposition techniques for improvement of fabrication and service performance of Cr–Mo steels. WRC, Bulletin, 506.