The Paton Welding Journal, 2019, #3, 34-41 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #3, 2019 (March)
Modular design of high productivity electron beam welding machines
F. Kolenic, L. Kovac, R. Sekerka and P. Faragula
FIRST WELDING COMPANY Inc., Bratislava, Slovak Republic
The paper presents the results achieved in the field of actual design and technical solution of modern high-tech electron beam welding equipments in THE FIRST WELDING COMPANY Inc. The fundamental conceptual approaches to solution of modern technological complexes with application of powerful electron beam generator systems are described. The electron beam technological welding equipments are constructed modularly with special attention paid to harmonisation of hardware and software compatibility. The individual modules of technological unit are periodically innovated with respect to the progressive world trends in the field of electrotechnics, drive systems, computer control, mechanical modules and advances in vacuum technology. The contribution presents both the development of principal modules which form the core of technological welding complex such as stationary and movable electron gun, beam generation systems, vacuum chambers as well as auxiliary modules, which are adapted to the needs of modern industrial production and quality management. Among the examples, remote diagnostics of electron beam machine by web applications, module for monitoring and editing the parameters of technological process can by find. Three examples of different design of electron beam equipments are documented and describes. 5 Ref., 14 Figures.
Keywords: electron beam, welding machines, modular design, modules of welding equipment, remote diagnostics, monitoring process parameters
1. Schultz, H. (2004) Electron beam welding. Cambridge, Abington Publishing, England.
2. Kolenič, F., Faragula, P., Maštalír, P. (2016) Modernizácia modulov elektrónového dela umiestneného vo vnútri vákuovej komory (Modernisation of electron gun modules situated inside the vacuum chamber) Zvárač-profesionál, (Welder-professional), XIII, 16–19.
3. Kolenič, F., Fodrek, P. (2012) New generation of EB welding machines, IIW DOC XII-2063–12, Joint Intermediate meeting Com. IV, Com. XII and SG 212, Berlin, April, 2012.
4. Kolenič, F. (2014) Large chamber EBW machine using 9 axes robotic system for positioning of electron gun and weldment in vacuum. In: Proc. of 67th IIW Int. Conf., 13th–18th July, 2014, Seoul, Korea.
5. Kolenič, F., Kováč, L. (2011) Nová generácia elektró-novolúčových zariadení s výkonom do 30 kW (New generation of electron beam welding equipment with the power up to 30 kW). Zvárač-profesionál, (Welder-professional), VIII, 22–24.