TPWJ, 2019, #11, 8-11 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #11, 2019 (November)
Investigation of stress-strain state of welded joints of the system TiAl intermetallics
L.M. Lobanov, E.A. Asnis, N.V. Piskun, E.L. Vrzhizhevsky, A.S. Milenin and E.A. Velikoivanenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
In the work, stress state of welded joints of intermetallic of the TiAl system was investigated. The influence of stress state of weld on cold cracks formation was determined. A mathematical model was created and computational experiments were carried out to determine residual welding stresses in welded joint. Using the methods of optical and electron microscopy, the structure of welded joints of intermetallic of titanium-aluminum system was studied. At the same time, the relationship between the cooling rate of the material after the end of welding process and the structure of welded joint was established. Based on the results of numerical experiments and metallographic examinations, a technology for welding of intermetallic alloy with a subsequent local heat treatment was developed, which allows producing defect-free welded joints. 7 Ref., 4 Figures.
Keywords: intermetallic, electron beam welding, stresses, cold cracks, local heat treatment
1. Kartavykh, A.V., Asnis, E.A., Piskun, N.V. et al. (2015) Microstructure and mechanical properties control of c-TiAl(Nb, Cr, Zr) intermetallic alloy by induction float zone processing. J. of Alloy and Compounds, 643, 182-186. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2014.12.210
2. Iliin, A.A., Kalachov, B.A., Polkin, I.S. (2009) Titanium alloys, composition, structure, properties. VILS-MATI, Moscow [in Russian].
3. (1987) Electron beam welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
4. Rykalin, N.N. (2013) Calculations of thermal processes in welding. Moscow, Reedition of 1951 [in Russian].
5. Makhnenko, V.I. (1976) Calculation methods of investigation of kinetics of welding stresses and strains. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
6. Chen Guoging, Zhang Binggang, Liu Wei, Feng Jicai (2011) Crack formation and control upon the electron beam welding of TiAl-based alloys. J. of Intermetallics, 19, 1857-1863. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intermet.2011.07.017
7. Povarova, K.B., Bannykh, O.A. (1999) Principles of creation of structural alloys based on intermetallics. Pt 1. Materialovedenie, 3, 27-33 [in Russian].