TPWJ, 2020, #2, 30-34 pages
Features of applying electron beam welding in manufacture of the cathode assembly of the electron gun
V.M. Nesterenkov, V.I. Zagornikov, Yu.V. Orsa and O.M. Ignatenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The efficiency of using electron beam welding in producing permanent joints of structural materials of all thicknesses
and shapes is well-known. The work for the first time considers the possibility of using electron beam welding for
the production of high-precision parts of optical system in cathode unit, providing the necessary parameters and their
joining with electron beam gun insulator in future. The use of electron beam welding at the final stage of manufacturing
cathode unit opens the opportunity of minimizing the number of further technological operations. It is noted that
to create the welding technology, in which the operation of welding would become a final assembly operation, the
development of new designs of welded joints and schemes for assembly of cathode unit are required. Due to a correct
design of welding units and compliance with the accuracy of assembling for welding, it became possible to preserve
geometric dimensions after electron beam welding and to provide the operational reliability of the design as a whole.
5 Ref., 6 Figures.
electron beam welding, pulsed mode, nickel alloy, cathode unit, welding equipment
1. Kostin, A.M., Labartkava, Al.V., Martynenko, V.A. (2014) Investigation of processes of interaction between titanium-containing brazing filler metal and oxide ceramics and covar. Metallofizika i Novejshie Tekhnologii, 36(6), 815-827 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/mfint.36.06.0815
2. Nazarenko, O.K., Lokshin, V.E., Patsiora, S.K. (1981) Reproducibility
of spatial-time characteristics of welding electron
beams. Avtomatich. Svarka, 8, 41−43 [in Russian].
3. (1978) Welding in machine-building: Refer. Book. Vol. 2. Ed.
by A.I. Akulov. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
4. Krampit, N.Yu., Krampit, A.G. (2008) Welding accessories.
Yurga, YuTI TPU [in Russian].
5. Kurkin, S.A., Khovov, V.M., Rybachuk, A.M. (1989) Technology,
mechanization and automation of production of welding
structures: Atlas. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: