Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #2, 2020, pp.33-37
Features of applying electron beam welding in manufacture of the cathode assembly of the electron gun
V.M. Nesterenkov, V.I. Zagornikov, Yu.V. Orsa, O.M. Ignatenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
The efficiency of using electron beam welding in producing dissimilar joints of structural materials of all thicknesses and shapes is well-known. The work for the first time considers the possibility of using electron beam welding for the production of high-precision parts of optical system in cathode unit, providing the necessary parameters and their joining with electron beam gun insulator in future. The use of electron beam welding at the final stage of manufacturing cathode unit opens the opportunity of minimizing the number of further technological operations. It is noted that to create the welding technology, in which the operation of welding would become a final assembly operation, the development of new designs of welded joints and schemes for assembly of cathode unit are required. Due to a correct design of welding units and compliance with the accuracy of assembling for welding, it became possible to preserve geometric dimensions after electron beam welding and to provide the operational reliability of the design as a whole. 5 Ref., 6 Fig.
Keywords: electron beam welding, pulsed mode, nickel alloy, cathode unit, welding equipment
1. Kostin, A.M., Labartkava, Al.V., Martynenko, V.A. (2014) Investigation of processes of interaction between titanium-containing brazing filler metal and oxide ceramics and covar. Metallofizika i Novejshie Tekhnologii, 36(6), 815-827 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/mfint.36.06.0815
2. Nazarenko, O.K., Lokshin, V.E., Patsiora, S.K. (1981) Reproducibility of spatial-time characteristics of welding electron beams. Avtomatich. Svarka, 8, 41-43 [in Russian].
3. (1978) Welding in machine-building: Refer. book. Vol.2. Ed. by A.I. Akulov. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
4. Krampit, N.Yu., Krampit, A.G. (2008) Welding accessories. Yurga, YuTI TPU [in Russian].
5. Kurkin, S.A., Khovov, V.M., Rybachuk, A.M. (1989) Technology, mechanization and automation of production of welding structures: Atlas. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].