TPWJ, 2020, #4, 36-40 pages
About the oldest technology of brazing on the example of archaeological findings - A golden goblet from Trialeti and a muffle from Kvatskheli
National Museum, 3 Furtseladze Str., 0105, Tbilisi, Georgia. E-mail: email@example.com
Considering the stages of human development from a material and spiritual point of view, a significant achievement
in this field is the discovery and study of metals, as well as the invention of methods for their processing. The result of
activity and constant search in this direction is the creation and development of metallurgy. The masterpieces of jewellery
are presented to us as a continuation of these processes. An integral part of these processes is the accumulation
of knowledge through observation and improvement of the learned rules and techniques. One of the most important of
them is the brazing process as a method of joining finished metal parts that was invented by a human at an early stage
of human development. 8 Ref., 8 Figures.
brazing, reaction and substance brazing alloy, metallic gold, brazing of artifacts
1. Brepol, E. (1982) Theory and practice of jewellery making.
Leningrad, Machinostroenie [in Russian].
2. Khaushka, R. (2004) Theory about substance. Kaluga, Dukhovnoe
Poznanie [in Russian].
3. Theophilus. (1979) On divers arts. New York: Djver Publ.
4. Vahtang, V.I. (Bagrationi) (1981) Book on preparation of
solutions and chemical transformations. Tbilisi, Tb. Un-t [in
5. Cellini, Be (2003) Biography. Treatises. Poetry. St.-Petersburg,
Azbuka [in Russian].
6. Magradze, E. (2014) Manifesting of the early antique goldsmith
workshop in site of ancient Vani on the example of Colchian
Cover. Bull. of the Georgian National Museum. Series
of Social Sci. Tbilisi, 50B, 323–340.
7. Dzhavakhishvili, Al., Glonti, L. (1962) Archeological excavations
performed during 1954–1961 in Kvatskhelebi village
(Tvlepia-Kokhu). Urbnisi, Tbilisi. Academy of Sci. of Georgian
SSR [in Georgian].
8. Kuftin, B.A. (1941) Archeological excavations in Trialeti.
Advertising in this issue: