Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #4, 2020, pp.41-46
About the oldest technology of brazing on the example of archaeological findings – a golden cup from Trialeti and mufel from Kvatskheli
National Museum, 3 Furtseladze Str., 0105, Tbilisi, Georgia. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Considering the stages of human development from a material and spiritual point of view, a significant achievement in this
field is the discovery and study of metals, as well as the invention of methods for their processing. The result of activity and
constant search in this direction is the creation and development of metallurgy. Masterpieces of jewellery are presented to us
as a continuation of these processes. An integral part of these processes is the accumulation of knowledge through observation
and improvement of the learned rules and techniques. One of the most important of them is the brazing process as a method of
joining finished metal parts that was invented by a human at an early stage of human development. 8 Ref., 8 Fig.
Keywords: brazing, reaction and substance brazing alloy, metallic gold, brazing of artifacts
1. Brepol, E. (1982) Theory and practice of jewelry making.
Leningrad, Machinostroenie [in Russian].
2. Khaushka, R. (2004) Theory about substance. Kaluga,
Dukhovnoe Poznanie [in Russian].
3. Theophilus. (1979) On Divers Arts. New York: Djver
4. Vahtang V.I. (Bagrationi) (1981) Book on preparation of
solutions and chemical transformations. Tbilisi, Izd-vo Tb.
Un-ta [in Georgian].
5. Chellini Be (2003) Biography. Treatises. Poetry. St.-Petersburg, Azbuka [in Russian].
6. Magradze, E. (2014) Manifesting of the early antigue
goldsmith workshop in site of ancient Vani on the example
of Colchian Cover. Bull. of the Georgian National Museum.
Series of Social Sci. Tbilisi, 50B,
7. Dzhavakhishvili, Al., Glonti, L. (1962) Archeological
excavations performed during 1954-1961 in Kvatskhelebi
village (Tvlepia-Kokhu). Urbnisi, Tbilisi. Academy of Sci. of
Georgian SSR [in Georgian].
8. Kuftin, B.A. (1941) Archeological excavations in Trialeti.
Advertising in this issue: