TPWJ, 2020, #9, 40-42 pages
Welding of polymer films by low power lasers
M.G. Korab, M.V. Yurzhenko, A.V. Vashchuk and M.G. Menzheres
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The technology of laser welding by a transmission method allows welding overlapping polymeric films and sheets of
various thickness. Welding of polyvinyl chloride films using a solid-state diode-pumped laser (DPSS) of 10 W power,
which generates green radiation with wavelength of 532 nm, was performed in the developed experimental equipment.
Application of this method made it possible to weld transparent multilayer medical films Wipak. Experiments have
shown that with the help of such a laser it is possible to form a high-quality joint of Wipak medical film with paper.
9 Ref., 5 Figures.
welded joints, polymer films, transmission laser welding, diode lasers
1. Korab, g.N., Shestopal, A.N., Komarov, g.V. et al. (1988)
Dictionary and reference book on welding and gluing of plastics.
Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev, Naukova dumka [in Russian].
2. Moskvitin, G.V., Polyakov, A.N., Birger, E.M. (2012) Laser welding of plastics (Review). Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 9, 21-33 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1080/09507116.2012.753282
3. Klein, R. (2011) Laser welding of plastics. Wiley-VCH, Verlag GmbH & Co. https://doi.org/10.1002/9783527636969
4. Briger, E.m., moskvitin, g.V., Polyakov, A.N. (2012) Application
of laser welding methods in modern industrial production.
Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 6, 36–47 [in Russian].
5. Zvelto, O. (1990) Principles of lasers. moscow, mir [in Russian].
6. greff, g. Laser welding of plastics. New chemical technologies.
7. Kondilenko, I.I., Korotkov, P.A., Khizhnyak, A.I. (1984)
Physics of lasers. Kiev, Vyshcha Shkola [in Russian].
8. Plastics joining with high-power diode lasers. http:www.limo.de/ru/limo-produ-kte/kundenreferenzen/kunststoffschweissen/
9. Laser transmission (penetration) welding of thermoplastics.
BASF Aktiengesellschaft Company. maintenance of thermoplastics.
Advertising in this issue: