TPWJ, 2020, #10, 23-30 pages
Influence of amplitude and frequency of oscillations of electrode wire in arc surfacing on formation and structure of the deposited metal and penetration of base metal
A.A. Babinets, I.O. Ryabtsev, I.P. Lentyugov, I.I. Ryabtsev, T.V. Kaida and I.L. Bogaichuk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The influence of amplitude and frequency of oscillations of electrode wire during arc surfacing on formation of deposited
beads, nature of base metal penetration, as well as structural and chemical heterogeneity in the zone of the
joint of deposited and base metals were studied. It was established that an increase in the frequency of oscillations of
electrode wire, at the same amplitude of oscillations and rate of deposition, leads to an improvement in formation of the
deposited metal and mixing of the layers in the deposited metal; formation of a more dispersed structure; narrowing of
the transition zone; more uniform distribution of alloying elements; more uniform penetration and «smoothing» of the
fusion boundary of the deposited and base metal. The mentioned regularities almost do not change with an increase in
the amplitude of oscillations. It was established that the best formation of the deposited metal occurs at the maximum
frequency N = 45 min‒1 and amplitude of oscillations of the electrode wire A = 25 mm and deposition rate Vd = 7 m/h.
8 Ref., 2 Tables, 10 Figures.
arc surfacing, electrode wire oscillation, amplitude and frequency of oscillations, base metal penetration,
deposited metal formation, deposited metal structure, structure heterogeneity
1. Danilchenko, B.V., Shimanovsky, V.P., Voronchuk, A.P., Terpilo,
V.N. (1989) Hard-facing of rapidly wearing parts by
self-shielded flux-cored strips. Avtomatich. Svarka, 5, 38–41
2. Zhudra, A.P., Voronchuk, A.P., Fomakin, A.A., Veliky, S.I.
(2009) New equipment for hard-facing of charging device
bells and cups. The Paton Welding J., 9, 44‒46.
3. Zhudra, A.P., Krivchikov, S.Yu., Petrov, V.V. (2010) Technology
for wide-layer hard-facing of crankshafts. Ibid., 2, 32‒35.
4. Gulakov, S.V., Burlaka, V.V. (2010) Mechanism of electrode
oscillation for formation of deposited beads of complex shape.
Vestnik Priazov. GTU. Tekhnicheskie Nauki, 20, 181–186 [in
5. Spiridonov, N.V., Kudina, A.V., Kurash, V.V. (2013) Electric
arc shielded-gas hard-facing of metal surfaces with oscillating
electrode. Nauka i Tekhnika, 4, 3–8 [in Russian].
6. Goloborodko, Zh.G., Dragan, S.V., Simutenkov, I.V. (2013)
Automatic submerged-arc surfacing of structural steels with
transverse high-frequency movements of electrode. The Paton
Welding J., 6, 34‒37.
7. Babinets, A.A., Ryabtsev, I.A., Kondratiev, I.A. et al. (2014) Investigation of thermal resistance of deposited metal designed for restoration of mill rolls. Ibid., 5, 16-20. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.05.03
8. Ryabtsev, I.A., Babinets, A.A. (2015) Fatigue life of multilayer
deposited specimens. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 4, 15–19
Advertising in this issue: