The Paton Welding Journal, 2020, #10, 19-22 pages
Development of technologies and materials for electrospark coating with the aim of increasing the service life and reliability of parts of technological and power equipment and tools
M.S. Storozhenko, O.P. Umansky, V.E. Sheludko, Yu.V. Gubin and T.V. Kurinna
Frantsevich Institute for Problems of Materials Science of the NAS of Ukraine
3 Krzhyzhanovsky Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
It was established that the technology of electrospark alloying is a promising method of strengthening and restoration of
parts of technological and power equipment: shafts of pumps and electric motors, impellers, pump casings, centrifuges,
etc. To increase the efficiency of the proposed technology, a number of electrode materials were created,
such as FeNiSi–Cr3C5, WC–TiC–Mo2C–Co–Cr and WC–TiC–Co–Cr–Ni–Al, TiC–(Fe–Cr‒Si–Al), NiCrBCuC–WC,
FeNiCrBSiC–TiB2 and FeNiCrBSiC–CrB2, which were tested at industrial enterprises of Ukraine. It was revealed that
application of the developed electrodes provides a simultaneous increase in the manufacturability of the process of electrospark
alloying with an extension of the life of parts of technological equipment by 2.0–2.5 times. 10 Ref., 4 Figures.
electrospark hardening, coating, wear resistance, self-fluxing alloy, titanium diboride
1. Holmberg, K., Matthews, A. (2009) Coatings Tribology: Properties, Mechanisms, Techniques and Application in Surface Engineering. Switzerland, Elsevir.
2. Wu, X. (2004) Erosion-corrosion of various oil-refining materials in naphthenic acid. Wear, 256, 133-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(03)00370-3
3. Verkhoturov, A.D., Podchernyaeva, I.A., Pryadko, L.F., Egorov, F.F. (1988) Electrode materials for electrospark alloying. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
4. Bovkun, G.A., Tkachenko, Yu.G., Yurchenko, D.Z. (1983) Tungsten-free electrode materials for electrospark alloying of metallic surfaces. Elektrofiz. Obrabotka Materialov, 5, 27-29 [in Russian].
5. Tarelnik, V.B., Paustovskii, A.V., Tkachenko, Yu.G. et al. (2016) Electrode materials, composite and multilayer electrospark coatings from alloys of Ni-Cr, WC-Co systems and metals. Poroshk. Metallurgiya, 9/10, 100-115 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11106-017-9843-2
6. Paustovskii, A.V., Tkachenko, Yu.G., Khristov, V.G. et al. (2016) Materials for the electrospark strengthening and reconditioning of worn metal surfaces. Surface Engineering and Applied Electrochemistry, 1, 14-22. https://doi.org/10.3103/S1068375516010117
7. Tarelnik, V.B., Paustovskii, A.V., Tkachenko, Yu.G. (2017) Electrospark coatings on steel base and contact surface for optimization of service characteristics of whitemetal sliding bearings. Electron. Obrabotka Materialov, 1, 37-46 [in Russian].
8. Tarelnik, V.B., Paustovskii, A.V., Tkachenko, Yu.G. et al. (2017) Electrospark alloying of steel surfaces by graphite: Technology, properties, application. Ibid., 4. 1-10 [in Russian].
9. Tkachenko, Yu.G., Yurchenko, D.Z., Timofeeva, I.I., Britun, V.F. (2018) Effect of composition of electrodes from alloys of TiC-(FeCr-Al-Si) system on formation, phase composition and properties of wear- and heat-resistant electrospark coatings on steel. Poroshk. Metallurgiya, 7/8, 119-129 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11106-018-0005-y
10. Umanskii, O.P., Storozhenko, M.S., Tarelnik, V.B. et al. (2020) Peculiarities of formation of electrospark coatings of NiFeCrBSiC-MeB2 on steel. Ibid., 1/2, 86-95 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11106-020-00138-5