Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #10, 2020, pp. 21-25
Development of technologies and materials for electric spark coating with the aim of increasing service life and reliability of parts of technological and power equipment and tools
M.S. Storozhenko, O.P. Umansky, V.E. Sheludko, Yu.V. Gubin, T.V. Kurinna
Frantsevich Institute for Problems of Materials Science of the NAS of Ukraine 3, Krzhyzhanovsky Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine
It was established that the technology of electrospark alloying is a promising method of strengthening and restoration of parts
and such technological and power equipment as shafts of pumps and electric motors, impellers, pump housings, centrifuges,
etc. To increase the efficiency of the proposed technology, a number of electrode materials like FeNiSi – Cr3C5, WC – TiC
– Mo2C – Co – Cr and WC – TiC – Co – Cr – Ni – Al, TiC– (Fe – Cr – Si – Al), NiCrBCuC – WC, FeNiCrBSiC – TiB2 and
FeNiCrBSiC – CrB2 were created, which were tested at industrial enterprises of Ukraine. It was revealed that application of the
developed electrodes provides a simultaneous increase in the manufacturability of the process of electrospark alloying with an
increase in the life of parts of technological equipment by 2.0…2.5 times. 10 Ref., 4 Fig.
electrospark hardening, coating, wear resistance, self-flux alloy, titanium diboride
1. Holmberg, K., Matthews, A. (2009) Coatings Tribology: Properties, Mechanisms, Techniques and Application in Surface Engineering. Switzerland, Elsevir.
2. Wu, X. (2004) Erosion-corrosion of various oil-refining materials in naphthenic acid. Wear, 256, 133-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(03)00370-3
3. Verkhoturov, A.D., Podchernyaeva, I.A., Pryadko, L.F., Egorov, F.F. (1988) Electrode materials for electrospark alloying. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
4. Bovkun, G.A., Tkachenko, Yu.G., Yurchenko, D.Z. (1983) Tungsten-free electrode materials for electrospark alloying of metallic surfaces. Elektrofiz. Obrabotka Materialov, 5, 27-29 [in Russian].
5. Tarelnik, V.B., Paustovskii, A.V., Tkachenko, Yu.G. et al. (2016) Electrode materials, composite and multilayer electrospark coatings from alloys of Ni-Cr, WC-Co systems and metals. Poroshk. Metallurgiya, 9/10, 100-115 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11106-017-9843-2
6. Paustovskii, A.V., Tkachenko, Yu.G., Khristov, V.G. et al. (2016) Materials for the electrospark strengthening and reconditioning of worn metal surfaces. Surface Engineering and Applied Electrochemistry, 1, 14-22. https://doi.org/10.3103/S1068375516010117
7. Tarelnik, V.B., Paustovskii, A.V., Tkachenko, Yu.G. (2017) Electrospark coatings on steel base and contact surface for optimization of service characteristics of whitemetal sliding bearings. Electron. Obrabotka Materialov, 1, 37-46 [in Russian].
8. Tarelnik, V.B., Paustovskii, A.V., Tkachenko, Yu.G. et al. (2017) Electrospark alloying of steel surfaces by graphite: Technology, properties, application. Ibid., 4. 1-10 [in Russian].
9. Tkachenko, Yu.G., Yurchenko, D.Z., Timofeeva, I.I., Britun, V.F. (2018) Effect of composition of electrodes from alloys of TiC-(FeCr-Al-Si) system on formation, phase composition and properties of wear- and heat-resistant electrospark coatings on steel. Poroshk. Metallurgiya, 7/8, 119-129 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11106-018-0005-y
10. Umanskii, O.P., Storozhenko, M.S., Tarelnik, V.B. et al. (2020) Peculiarities of formation of electrospark coatings of NiFeCrBSiC-MeB2 on steel. Ibid., 1/2, 86-95 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11106-020-00138-5
Advertising in this issue: