TPWJ, 2020, #11, 25-28 pages
Development of the technology of reconditioning the sealing element of nozzle blade sector from difficult-to-weld high-temperature nickel alloy of ZhS6 type by microplasma powder surfacing
K.A. Yushchenko, O.V. Yarovitsyn, O.O. Nakonechnyi, I.R. Volosatov, O.O. Fomakin and G.D. Khrushchov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to ensure the technological strength at reconditioning of the side sealing element of a sector of nozzle blades
from ZhS6K alloy with the required deposition volume of 7‒13 cm3, a less heat-resistant material with sufficient
deformability was selected. At microplasma powder surfacing it is characterized by the following level of values of
short-time strength relative to the deposited metal ZhS6K: 0.7‒0.8 at 20 °С; 0.5‒0.55 at 1000 °С. Compared to the
known technological solutions based on filler materials of ІN625 type, it allowed increasing the level of deposited
metal high-temperature strength by practically 2 times at 1000 °С at effective limitation of high-temperature ductility
ε1000 °С ≤ 1.0‒1.5 %. Proceeding from the described materials science studies, PWI developed a new repair technology
of microplasma powder surfacing that has successfully passed experimental-practical trials at SE «Lutsk Repair Plant
«Motor». 10 Ref., 2 Tables, 5 Figures.
high-temperature nickel alloy ZhS6K, microplasma powder surfacing of 7‒13 cm3 volume, deformability,
technological strength, short-time strength values, repair technology
1. Karpinos, B.S., Korovin, A.V., Lobunko, A.P., Vedishcheva, M.Yu. (2014) Operational damage of turboreactive bypass engines with afterburner. Vestnik Dvigatelestroeniya, 2, 18-24 [in Russian].
2. Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V. (2012) Improvement of technology for restoration of upper shroud of blades of aircraft GTE. In: Problems of residual life and safe operation of structures, constructions and machines, NASU. Kyiv, PWI, 506-509 [in Russian].
3. Zhemanyuk, P.D., Petrik, I.A., Chigilejchik, S.L. (2015) Experience of introduction of the technology of reconditioning microplasma powder surfacing at repair of high-pressure turbine blades in batch production The Paton Welding J., 8, 39-42. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.08.08
4. Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V., Fomakin, A.A. et al. (2016) Development of technology of microplasma surfacing of ZhS32 alloy for reconditioning of gas-cooled blades of aircraft high-pressure turbine. In: Problems of residual life and safe operation of structures, constructions and machines, NASU. Kyiv, PWI, 696-701 [in Russian].
5. Nerush, S.V., Ermolaev, A.S., Rogalev, A.M., Vasilenko, S.A. (2016) Investigation of the technology of restoration of blade airfoil edge of first stage high-pressure turbine from ZhS32-VI alloy by laser-powder surfacing method using the metal powder of ZhS32-VI alloy manufactured with atomization method. Electron. J.: Trudy VIAM, 8, 44, 24-34. D https://doi.org/10.18577/2307-6046-2016-0-8-4-4
6. Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V., Chervyakov, N.O. (2017) Effect of energy parameters of microplasma powder surfacing modes on susceptibility of nickel alloy ZhS32 to crack formation. The Paton Welding J., 2, 2-6. https://doi.org/10.15407/as2017.02.01
7. Yushchenko, K.A., Zvyagintseva, G.V., Yarovitsyn, A.V. et al. (2019) New approaches in evaluation of mechanical characteristics and microstructure of repaired GTE parts from nickel high-temperature alloys. Metalofizyka ta Novitni Tekhnologii, 10, 41, 1345-1364 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/mfint.41.10.1345
8. Ermolaev, G.V., Kvasnytskyi, V.V., Kvasnytskyi, V.F. (2015) Soldering of materials: Manual. Ed. by V.F. Khorunov et al. Mykolaiv, NUK [in Ukrainian].
9. Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V., Chervyakov, N.O. et al. (2019) Evaluation of short-term mechanical properties of a joint of difficult-to-weld nickel high-temperature alloys of ZhS6 type. The Paton Welding J., 7, 29-35. https://doi.org/10.15407/as2019.07.07
10. Kishkin, S.T. (2006) Development, investigation and application of high-temperature alloys. In: Selected works. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: