TPWJ, 2020, #11, 32-35 pages
Development of the technology of semi-automatic arc welding for the conditions of overhaul and reconstruction of the linear part of the main gas pipelines of Ukraine
S.Yu. Maksymov, A.A. Gavrilyuk and D.M. Krazhanovskyi
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More than 37 thou km of gas pipelines were laid through the territory of Ukraine. Their safe operation is based on proper
technical maintenance and timely repair or reconstruction. At present manual arc welding is the main welding method
used during performance of repair. Its low productivity necessitates shortening the duration of welding operations
with simultaneous improvement of their quality. The objective of the work was development of the main principles and
technology of semi-automatic arc welding of position circumferential butt joints of pipes of up to 1420 mm diameter
inclusive that will enable shortening the time of welding operations performance, with the corresponding acceleration
of laying of the restored sections of the main gas pipelines and simultaneous improvement of welded joint quality.
Welding was performed by gas-shielded flux-cored wire ОК Tubrod 15.19 of 1.2 mm diameter in Ar + СО2 atmosphere
and self-shielded flux-cored wire Coreshield 8 of 1.6 mm diameter. Analysis of the obtained results shows that the site
of sample destruction is located in the base metal in all the cases. Such results indicate that the welded joint strength is
higher than that of the base metal for these combinations of welding consumables and shielding gas. With the proper
welding practices and strict adherence to the welding mode, butt joints of pipe steels comply with the normative documents,
and flux-cored wire ОК Tubrod 15.19 can be recommended for welding pipe steels of strength class K-60, while
self-shielded flux-cored wire Coreshield 8 can be used for welding pipe steels of strength class К-52. 15 Ref., 6 Tables.
main gas pipeline, semi-automatic arc welding, circumferential butt joint, flux-cored wire
1. Khrutba, V.O., Vaigang, G.O., Stegnii, O.M. (2017) Analysis of environmental hazards during operation and repair of main pipelines. Ekologichna Bezpeka, 2, 24, 75-82 [in Ukrainian].
2. Poberezhnyi, L.Ya., Yavorskyi, A.V., Tsykh, V.S. et al. (2017) Increase of level of environmental safety of pipeline systems of gas-and-oil complex of Ukraine. Tekhnogenno- Ekologichna Bezpeka, 1, 24-31 [in Ukrainian].
3. Fedorovych, I.V. (2013) Reliable operation of linear part of main gas-and-oil pipelines and examination of accident causes. Agrosvit, 5, 42-44 [in Ukrainian].
4. Bunko, T.V., Safonov, V.V., Strezhekurov, E.Ie., Matsuk, Z.M. (2018) Safety of long-distance gas transmission. Geotekhnichna Mekhanika, 139, 106-115 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/geotm2018.02.106
5. Askarov, R.M., Tagirov, M.B., Kukushkin, A.N., Askarov, R.G. (2020) Repair of main pipelines. Neftegaz RU, 4, 140- 145 [in Russian].
6. Shlapak, L.S., Prysyazhnyuk, P.M., Lutsak, L.D., Lutsak, D.L. (2017) Repair of corrosion-mechanical defects of main pipelines by method of flux-cored electrode surfacing. Visti Donetskogo Girnychogo Instytutu, 1, 254-257 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.31474/1999-981X-2017-1-254-257
7. Islamov, I.M., Chuchkalov, M.V., Askarov, R.M. (2018) Estimation of service life of main gas pipeline under conditions of transverse corrosion stress cracking. Transport i Khranenie Nefteproduktov i Uglevodorodnogo Syria, 2, 35- 38 [in Russian].
8. Gorshkova, O.O. (2020) Welding of main gas-and-oil pipelines. Sovremennye Naukoyomkie Tekhnologii, 2, 7-11 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.17513/snt.37906
9. Lobanova, M.A., Klimovich, V.S., Fesenko, N.V. et al. (2019) Investigation of process productivity in consumable electrode gas-shielded arc welding (CO2 and its mixture with argon) of low-carbon and low-alloy steels. In: Proc. of 20th Republ. Student Sci.-Tekhn. Conf. on New Materials and Tekhnologies of their Treatment. (Minsk, 17-18 April 2019), Minsk, BNTU, 90-92 [in Russian].
10. Potapievsky, A.G. (2007) Consumable electrode gasshielded welding. Pt 1: Active gas-shielded welding. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
11. (1989) Constuction of main and industrial pipelines. Welding: DBN 006-89. Introd. 1989-07-01. Minneftegazstroj SSSR [in Russian].
12. (1994) General specifications: GOST 1987-01-01. Fluxcored wire for arc welding of carbon and low-alloy steels. Introd. 1987-01-01. Moscow, Gosstandart SSSR [in Russian].
13. Pidgaetsky, V.V. (1970) Pores, inclusions and cracks in welds. Kyiv, Tekhnika [in Ukrainian].
14. Grigorenko, G.M., Lakomsky, V.I. (1968) Macrokinetics of nitrogen absorption by electrode metal from arc atmosphere. Avtomatich. Svarka, 1, 10-14 [in Russian].
15. Suptel, A.M. (1976) Mechanized flux-cored wire. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: