Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #11, 2020, pp. 36-40
Development of the technology of semi-automatic arc welding for the conditions of overhaul and reconstruction of the linear part of the main gas pipelines of Ukraine
S.Yu. Maksymov, A.A. Gavrilyuk, D.M. Krazhanovskiy
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
More than 37 thous. km of gas pipelines were laid through the territory of Ukraine. Their safe operation is based on proper
technical maintenance and timely repair or reconstruction. At present manual welding is the main welding method used during
performance of repair. Its low productivity necessitates shortening the duration of welding operations with simultaneous
improvement of their quality. The objective of the work was development of the main principles and technology of semiautomatic
arc welding of position circumferential butt joints of pipes of up to 1420 mm diameter inclusive that will enable
shortening the time of welding operations performance, with the corresponding acceleration of laying of the restored sections
of the main pipelines and simultaneous improvement of welded joint quality. Welding was performed by gas-shielded fluxcored
wire ОК Tubrod 15.19 of 1.2 mm diameter in Ar+СО2 atmosphere and self-shielded flux-cored wire Coreshield 8 of
1.6 mm diameter. Analysis of the obtained results shows that the site of sample destruction is located in the base metal in all the
cases. Such results show that the welded joint strength is higher than that of the base metal for these combinations of welding
consumable and shielding gas. With the proper welding practices and strict adherence to the welding mode, butt joints of pipe
steels comply with the normative documents, and flux-cored wire ОК Tubrod 15.19 can be recommended for welding pipe
steels of strength class K-60, while self-shielded flux-cored wire Coreshield 8 can be used for welding pipe steels of strength
class К-52. 15 Ref., 6 Tabl.
main gas pipeline, semi-automatic arc welding, circumferential butt joint, flux-cored wire
1. Khrutba, V.O., Vaigang, G.O., Stegnii, O.M. (2017) Analysis of environmental hazards during operation and repair of main pipelines. Ekologichna Bezpeka, 2, 24, 75-82 [in Ukrainian].
2. Poberezhnyi, L.Ya., Yavorskyi, A.V., Tsykh, V.S. et al. (2017) Increase of level of environmental safety of pipeline systems of gas-and-oil complex of Ukraine. Tekhnogenno- Ekologichna Bezpeka, 1, 24-31 [in Ukrainian].
3. Fedorovych, I.V. (2013) Reliable operation of linear part of main gas-and-oil pipelines and examination of accident causes. Agrosvit, 5, 42-44 [in Ukrainian].
4. Bunko, T.V., Safonov, V.V., Strezhekurov, E.Ie., Matsuk, Z.M. (2018) Safety of long-distance gas transmission. Geotekhnichna Mekhanika, 139, 106-115 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/geotm2018.02.106
5. Askarov, R.M., Tagirov, M.B., Kukushkin, A.N., Askarov, R.G. (2020) Repair of main pipelines. Neftegaz RU, 4, 140- 145 [in Russian].
6. Shlapak, L.S., Prysyazhnyuk, P.M., Lutsak, L.D., Lutsak, D.L. (2017) Repair of corrosion-mechanical defects of main pipelines by method of flux-cored electrode surfacing. Visti Donetskogo Girnychogo Instytutu, 1, 254-257 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.31474/1999-981X-2017-1-254-257
7. Islamov, I.M., Chuchkalov, M.V., Askarov, R.M. (2018) Estimation of service life of main gas pipeline under conditions of transverse corrosion stress cracking. Transport i Khranenie Nefteproduktov i Uglevodorodnogo Syria, 2, 35- 38 [in Russian].
8. Gorshkova, O.O. (2020) Welding of main gas-and-oil pipelines. Sovremennye Naukoyomkie Tekhnologii, 2, 7-11 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.17513/snt.37906
9. Lobanova, M.A., Klimovich, V.S., Fesenko, N.V. et al. (2019) Investigation of process productivity in consumable electrode gas-shielded arc welding (CO2 and its mixture with argon) of low-carbon and low-alloy steels. In: Proc. of 20th Republ. Student Sci.-Tekhn. Conf. on New Materials and Tekhnologies of their Treatment. (Minsk, 17-18 April 2019), Minsk, BNTU, 90-92 [in Russian].
10. Potapievsky, A.G. (2007) Consumable electrode gasshielded welding. Pt 1: Active gas-shielded welding. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
11. (1989) Constuction of main and industrial pipelines. Welding: DBN 006-89. Introd. 1989-07-01. Minneftegazstroj SSSR [in Russian].
12. (1994) General specifications: GOST 1987-01-01. Fluxcored wire for arc welding of carbon and low-alloy steels. Introd. 1987-01-01. Moscow, Gosstandart SSSR [in Russian].
13. Pidgaetsky, V.V. (1970) Pores, inclusions and cracks in welds. Kyiv, Tekhnika [in Ukrainian].
14. Grigorenko, G.M., Lakomsky, V.I. (1968) Macrokinetics of nitrogen absorption by electrode metal from arc atmosphere. Avtomatich. Svarka, 1, 10-14 [in Russian].
15. Suptel, A.M. (1976) Mechanized flux-cored wire. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: