TPWJ, 2021, #2, 2-7 pages
Features of formation of structure of coaxial joints of copper and aluminium in explosion welding with vacuuming of welding gap
M.O. Pashchin, P.S. Shlonskyi, А.G. Bryzgalin, O.S. Kushnaryova and N.L. Todorovych
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The results of the study of intermetallics formation in explosion welding of copper and aluminium coaxial joints depending
on the length of the joint and the environment in the welding gap (air and vacuum) are presented. The metallographic
analysis of the boundary of the coaxial joint in copper-aluminium rods showed that at different areas of bimetallic
rods in welding under different conditions both in air as well as in the presence of vacuum in the gap, intermetallic
layers of different thickness are formed. The growth, observed in the volume fraction and thickness of the intermetallic
layer in the joint area, as it moves away from the initiation point, regardless of the environment in the welding gap (air
or vacuum), is natural and is explained by the channel effect in explosion welding. 14 Ref., 1 Table, 9 Figures.
explosion welding, channel effect, intermetallics, contact point speed
1. Bryzgalin, A.G., Dobrushin, L.D., Shlensky, P.S. et al. (2015) Manufacture of coaxial copper-aluminium rods using explosion welding and drawing. The Paton Welding J., 3/4, 69-73. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.04.10
2. Melikhov, V.P. (1979) About length of explosion welding stability of eccentrically located cylinders. In: Explosion welding and cutting. Ed. by V.M. Kudinov. Kiev, PWI, 25-28 [in Russian].
3. Tsemakhovich, B.D. (1987) Prospects of explosion welding in nuclear machine-building. In: Proc. of 7th All-Union Meeting on Explosion Welding and Cutting (Kiev, 29-30 September, 1987), Kiev, PWI, 60-66 [in Russian].
4. Kovalevsky, V.N., Alekseev, Yu.G., Sagarda, E.V. (1985) Cladding of thick-wall pipes by explosion energy. In: Application of explosion energy in welding engineering. Ed. by V.M. Kudinov. Kiev, PWI, 103-108 [in Russian].
5. Kovalevsky, V.N., Alekseev, Yu.G., Senchenko, G.M. et al. (2001) To the problem of theory of explosion welding of pipes. In: Welding and related technologies. Minsk, Pepubl. Interdept. Transact., 37-39 [in Russian].
6. Atroshchenko, E.S., Rozen, A.E., Los, I.S. et al. (2000) Calculation of explosion welding parameters in throwing a cylindrical shell. In: Explosion welding and properties of welded joints: Interuniv. Transact. Ed. by V.I. Lysak, Volgograd, VolgGTU, 24-30 [in Russian].
7. Malakhov, A.Yu. (2019) Explosion cladding of long-length cylindrical products by functional coatings. In: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Chernogolovka [in Russian].
8. Deribas, A.A., Zakharenko, I.D. (1974) On surface effects in oblique collisions of metallic plates. Fiz. Goreniya i Vzryva, 10(3), 409-423 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01463767
9. Khansin, M., Andergo, K. (1962) Structures of binary alloys. Ed. by I.I. Novikova, I.L. Rolberg. Vol. 1. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
10. Ishutkin, S.N., Kirko, V.I., Simonov, V.A. (1980) Study of thermal action of shock-compressed gas on surface of colliding plates. Fiz. Goreniya i Vzryva, 6, 69-73 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00741515
11. Berdychenko, A.A., Zlobin, B.S., Pervukhin, L.B., Shtertser, A.A. (2003) On possible inflammation of particles ejected into the gap in explosion welding of titanium. Ibid., 2, 128- 136 [in Russian].
12. Pervukhin, L.B., Pervukhina, O.L., Denisov, I.V. et al. (2016) To problem about limit of size of sheets produced by explosion welding. Izvestiya VolgGTU, 10, 76-86 [in Russian].
13. Dobrushin, L.D., Fadeenko, Yu.I., Illarionov, S.Yu., Shlensky, P.S. (2009) Channel effect in explosion welding, 11, 16- 17 [in Russian].
14. Trykov, Yu.P., Gurevich, L.M., Shmorgun, V. (2004) Layered composites based on aluminium and its alloys. Moscow, Metallurgizdat [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: