The Paton Welding Journal, 2021, #2, 46-52 pages
Acoustic emission method at evaluation of the state of welds and their service properties. Part 1. Effect of welded joint type on acoustic emission
S.A. Nedoseka, A.Ya. Nedoseka, M.A. Yaremenko, O.I. Boichuk and M.A. Ovsienko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The majority of existing structures have welded joints. It is of considerable interest to determine the differences in
acoustic emission for various types of welded joints and change of the properties of materials in operating structures,
which have welded elements, after long-term service, taking into account the time and probable violation of service
conditions. The data of testing samples from such materials demonstrate the high sensitivity of acoustic emission method
to welded joint type, and to changes of weld service properties. 9 Ref., 2 Tables, 14 Figures.
welds, service properties, acoustic emission (AE), AE activity, damage, material destruction, loading,
1. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A. (2020) Fundamentals of calculation and diagnostics of welded structures. Ed. by B.E. Paton. 5th Ed. Kiev, Indprom [in Russian].
2. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Markashova, L.I. et al. (2018) Investigation by acoustic emission method of the kinetics of damage accumulation at fracture of materials. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3, 3-13 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.03.01
3. Nedoseka, S.A. (2007) Forecasting the fracture by the data of acoustic emission. Ibid., 2, 3-9 [in Russian].
4. Skalsky, V.R. (2003) Evaluation of accumulation of bulk damage in solids, based on acoustic emission signals. Ibid., 4, 29-36 [in Russian].
5. Stone, D.E., Dingwall, P.F. (1977). Acoustic emission parameters and their interpretation. NDT Int., 10, 51-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/0308-9126(77)90079-7
6. Tetelman, A.S., Chow, R. (1971) Acoustic emission testing and micro cracking processes. In: Proc. of Symposium presented at the December Committee Week American Society for Testing and Materials (Bal Harbour. 7-8 December, 1971) 30-40.
7. Volkov, V.A. (1980) Basic results of All-Union experiment on fracture mechanics of low-strength steel. In: Problems of metal fracture. Moscow, MDNTN, 3-22 [in Russian].
8. Lebedev, A.A., Chausov, N.G. (1988) Express-method of evaluation of crack resistance of plastic materials. Kiev, AS of Ukr.SSR [in Russian].
9. Paton, B.E., Lobanov, L.M., Nedoseka, A.Ya. et al. (2012) Acoustic emission and service life of structures: Theory, methods, technologies, facilities, application. Kiev, Indprom [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: