The Paton Welding Journal, 2021, #2, 41-45 pages
Hygienic characteristics of working zone air in arc welding of copper and its alloys (Review)
O.M. Bezushko1, O.G. Levchenko2, T.B. Maidanchuk1, A.O. Lukyanenko1 and O.M. Goncharova1
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Technical University of Ukraine «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute»
37 Peremohy Prosp., 03056, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
A literature review of harmful substances formed in arc welding of copper and its alloys is presented. Literature data
on studying emissions of welding aerosols in welding of copper and copper alloys are considered. It is shown that to
create new grades of welding materials that would satisfy not only their welding technology, but also sanitary and hygienic
characteristics, it is necessary to continue the study of chemical composition and levels of emissions of welding
aerosols using modern standardized international procedures. 13 Ref., 1 Table.
copper, copper alloys, welding, brass, bronzes, welding aerosol, harmful substances, toxicity
1. Osintsev. O.E., Fedorov, V.N. (2004) Copper and copper alloys. National and foreign grades: Refer. book. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
2. Bykovskyi, O.G. (2011) Welding and cutting of nonferrous metals: Refer. book. Kyiv, Osnova [in Ukrainian].
3. Zaks, I.A. (1999) Electrodes for arc welding of nonferrous metals and alloys. Saint-Petersburg, Strojizdat [in Russian].
4. Levchenko, O.G., Lukianenko, A.O., Demetska, O.V., Arlamov, O.Y. (2018) Influence of composition of binder of electrodes coating on cytotoxicity of welding aerosols. Mat. Sci. Forum, 927, 86-92. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.927.86
5. (2011) DSTU ISO 15011-4:2008. Health and safety in welding and allied processes. Laboratory method for sampling aerosols and gases. Pt 4: Form for recording data on aerosols. Ed. by O.Bezushko, Yu. Bondarenko et al. Valid from 2008.08.15. Kyiv, Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
6. (1979) GOST 859-2014: Copper. Grades. Valid from 1979.01.01. Group V51. Moscow, Interstate standard [in Russian].
7. (2020) Hygiene chemicals regulations in the air of the working zone. Law 1596 of 14.07.2020, Ministry of Health of Ukraine. URL:https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0741-20#Text.
8. Ponomarenko, O.I., Shinsky, I.O., Morgun, N.N. (2004) Casting by consumable patterns of bronze alloys. Litejnoe Proizvodstvo, 11, 30 [in Russian].
9. Ponomarenko, O.I., Lysenko, T.V., Stanovsky, A.L., Shinsky, O.I. (2012) Control of casting systems and processes. Kharkov, NTU KhPI [in Russian].
10. Majdanchuk, T.B., Skorina, N.V. (2014) Improvement of adaptability to fabrication and welding properties of electrodes for tin bronze welding and surfacing. The Paton Welding J., 6-7, 176-181. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.37
11. Ilyushenko, V.M., Anoshin, V.A., Skorina, N.V., Majdanchuk, T.B. (2013) Selection of slag-forming base of electrode coating for arc welding and surfacing of cast tin bronzes. In: Proc. of 7th Sci.-Techn. Conf. of Young Scientists and Specialists on Welding and Related Technologies (22-24 May 2013, Kiev, Ukraine). Kiev, PWI, 155.
12. Ilyushenko, V.M., Anoshin, V.A., Bondarenko, A.N. et al. (2013) Development of electrode materials for welding and surfacing of complexly-alloyed bronzes. In: Proc. of Abstracts of Int. Conf. on Welding and Related Technologies - Present and Future (25-26 November 2013, Kiev. Ukraine). Kiev, PWI, 72-73.
13. Skorina, N.V., Kisilev, M.O., Paltsevich, A.P., Levchenko, O.G. (2011) Properties of lithium-containing liquid glasses for production of welding electrodes. In: Proc. of 4th Int. Conf. on Welding Consumables of CIS countries. Krasnodar, pp. 75-82.