TPWJ, 2021, #2, 37-40 pages
Surfacing parts in unloading device of centrifugal pumps
O.S. Kostornoi, M.O. Laktionov and K.Yu. Kholosha
Joint-Stock Company «Research and Design Institute for Atomic and Power Pump Building»
2, 2nd Zaliznychna Str., 40003, Sumy, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Leveling of axial forces on the shaft of centrifugal pumps depends on characteristics of end slotted rings of the unloading
device that determine the stability of a slotted gap between them. This paper presents the methods to improve wear
resistance of surfaces mating between a slotted rings by their surfacing with coatings from a composite alloy reinforced
by tungsten (relit) carbides. The advantages and disadvantages of electric arc, plasma-powder and furnace surfacing of
slotted rings are shown, and a significant improvement in the process at a replacement of chipped tungsten carbide by
spherical one is noted. 6 Ref., 4 Figures.
slotted rings, tungsten carbides (relit), wear resistance, arc surfacing, plasma-powder and furnace
1. Maliushenko, V.V., Mikhailov, O.K. (1981) Energy pumps: Refer. book. Moscow, Energoizdat, pp. 23-29 [in Ukrainian].
2. Ryabtsev, I.O., Senchenkov, I.K. (2013) Theory and practice of surfacing works. Kyiv, Ekotekhnologiya [in Ukrainian].
3. Kostornoy, O.S., Laktionov, M.O. (2020) Arc and plasmapowder surfacing of sealing surfaces of pump impellers. The Paton Welding J., 1, 57-60. https://doi.org/10.37434/tpwj2020.01.09
4. Gulich, J. (2008, 2010) Centrifugal Pumps, Second Ed. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-12824-0
5. Zhudra, A.P. (2014) Tungsten carbide based cladding materials. Ibid., 6-7, 69-74. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.13
6. Som, A.I. (2004) Plasma-powder surfacing of composite alloys based on cast tungsten carbides. Ibid., 10, 43-47.
Advertising in this issue: