Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #2, 2021, pp. 43-46
Surfacing parts of unloading device of centrifugal pumps
O.S. Kostornoj, M.O. Laktionov, K.Y. Kholosha
Joint-Stock Company «Research and Design Institute for Atomic and Power Pump-building».
2, 2nd Zheleznodorozhnaya Str., 40003, Sumy, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Leveling of axial forces on the shaft of centrifugal pumps depends on the characteristics of end slotted rings of the unloading device
that determine the stability of the slit clearance between them. This work presents the methods to improve the wear resistance of
mating surfaces between the slotted rings, by their surfacing with coatings from a composite alloy reinforced by tungsten carbides.
The advantages and disadvantages of electric arc, plasma-powder and furnace surfacing of slotted rings are shown, and a significant
improvement of the process at replacement of chipped tungsten carbide by spherical one is noted. 6 Ref., 4 Fig.
slotted rings, tungsten carbides, wear resistance, arc surfacing, plasma-powder and furnace surfacing
1. Maliushenko, V.V., Mikhailov, O.K. (1981) Energy pumps: Refer. book. Moscow, Energoizdat, pp. 23-29 [in Ukrainian].
2. Ryabtsev, I.O., Senchenkov, I.K. (2013) Theory and practice of surfacing works. Kyiv, Ekotekhnologiya [in Ukrainian].
3. Kostornoy, O.S., Laktionov, M.O. (2020) Arc and plasmapowder surfacing of sealing surfaces of pump impellers. The Paton Welding J., 1, 57-60. https://doi.org/10.37434/tpwj2020.01.09
4. Gulich, J. (2008, 2010) Centrifugal Pumps, Second Ed. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-12824-0
5. Zhudra, A.P. (2014) Tungsten carbide based cladding materials. Ibid., 6-7, 69-74. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.13
6. Som, A.I. (2004) Plasma-powder surfacing of composite alloys based on cast tungsten carbides. Ibid., 10, 43-47.
Advertising in this issue: