TPWJ, 2009, #12, 7-9 pages
INVESTIGATION OF JOINTS OF TITANIUM ALUMINIDE WITH TITANIUM ALLOY VT8 PRODUCED BY DIFFUSION WELDING
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 12, 2009 (December)
V.F. GORBAN, G.K. KHARCHENKO, Yu.V. FALCHENKO and L.V. PETRUSHINETS
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
The welded joints γ-TiAl (Ti-48 at.% Al) with alloy VT8 produced by diffusion welding in vacuum using nanolayered interlayers of Ti-Al system were investigated. The analysis of strength properties of a joint was carried out using microindention in the device «Micron-gamma» and also by mechanical shear tests. It was established that after diffusion welding in vacuum the initial nanolayered layer is transformed into intermetallic being in the state close to nanocrystalline one.
diffusion welding, titanium aluminide, joint zone, nanolayered interlayer, microindention, hardness
1. Povarova, K.B., Bannykh, O.A. (1999) Principles of development of structural alloys on the base of intermetallics. Pt 1. Materialovedenie, 2, 27-33.
2. Bochvar, G.A., Salenkov, V.S. (2004) Study of alloy on the base of titanium aluminide with orthorhombic structure. Tekhnologiya Lyog. Splavov, 4, 44-46.
3. Ustinov, A.I., Falchenko, Yu.V., Ishchenko, A.Ya. et al. (2009) Producing permanent joints of g-TiAl based alloys using nanolayered Ti/Al interlayer by vacuum diffusion welding. The Paton Welding J., 1, 12-15.
4. Ustinov, A.I., Olikhovskaya, L.A., Melnichenko, T.V. et al. (2008) Solid-phase reactions in heating of multilayer Al/Ti foils produced by electron beam deposition method. Advances in Electrometallurgy, 2, 19-26.
5. Firstov, S.A., Gorban, V.F., Pechkovsky, E.P. et al. (2007) Indentation equation. Dopovidi NAN Ukrainy, 12, 100-106.
6. Firstov, S.A., Gorban, V.F., Pechkovsky, E.P. et al. (2007) Relation between strength characteristics of materials and automatic indentation indexes. Materialovedenie, 11, 26-31.
7. Melnikov, S.V., Panteleev, I.A. (2003) Near-surface layers of structural elements of nanocomposites as an important structural level of deformation. Matematich. Modelirovanie Sistem i Protsessov, 11, 67-75.
8. Zolotukhin, I.V. (1998) Nanocrystalline metallic materials. Sorosovsky Obrazovat. Zhurnal, 1, 103-106.
9. Stepanov, E.I., Grigoriev, M.V., Kirko, V.I. (2008) Effect of ultradispersed Al2O3 additives on physical-mechanical properties of corundum ceramics. J. of Siberian Federal University. Eng. & Techn., 1, 162-167.