TPWJ, 2010, #1, 41-43 pages
PROCEDURE OF EVALUATION OF TRANSPORTATION LAGS IN WELD FORMATION ACS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 1, 2010 (January)
V.V. DOLINENKO, V.A. KOLYADA, T.G. SKUBA and E.V. SHAPOVALOV
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
A method is suggested for determination of transportation lags in feedback circuit of automatic system for control of weld reinforcement formation process in MAG welding. Mechanism of emergence of two different transportation lags, i.e. formation of weld reinforcement height and width, which are revealed by measurements of its geometric parameters by a laser TV-sensor, has been investigated. To estimate the transportation lags, it is suggested using the regression formulae derived on the basis of computational experimental results. A mathematical model of the weld pool developed for conditions of item heating with the movable normal-circular heat source has been used as an object of the computational experiments.
arc welding, welded joints, weld shape, ACS, transportation lag, laser-TV sensor
1. Zhang, H., Pan, J., Lao, B. (1999) The real-time measurement of welding temperature field and closed-loop control of isotherm width. Sci. in China Press, 21(2), 129-135.
2. Doumanidis, C., Kwak, Y.-M. (2002) Multivariable adaptive control of the bead profile geometry in gas metal arc welding with thermal scanning. Intern. J. Pressure Vessels and Piping, 79, 251-262.
3. Kiselevsky, F.N., Shapovalov, E.V., Kolyada, V.A. (2006) System of laser following of weld reinforcement bead. The Paton Welding J., 1, 42-44.
4. Erokhin, A.A. (1973) Fundamentals of fusion welding. Physico-chemical principles. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
5. Rykalin, N.N., Uglov, A.A. (1951) Calculations of thermal processes in welding. Moscow: Mashgiz.
6. Johnson, I., Lion, F. (1981) Statistics and experiment planning in engineering and science: methods of experiment planning. Moscow: Mir.