TPWJ, 2010, #1, 38-40 pages
INFLUENCE OF WELD METAL IMPACT TREATMENT ON WELDED JOINT STRENGTH
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 1, 2010 (January)
A.S. PISMENNY and V.M. KISLITSYN
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
The paper gives the results of experiments on qualitative assessment of the influence of thermomechanical treatment on the strength of spot welded joint. Rationality of shock application of the compressive force at the temperature close to the recrystallisation point of the metal being welded is shown.
resistance spot welding, welded joint, thermomechanical treatment, shock application of compressive force, crystalline structure refinement, mechanical strength
1. (1976) Principles of materials: Manual. Ed. by I.I. Sidorin. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
2. Gulyaev, A.P. (1951) Materials science. Moscow: Oboron. Promyshlennost.
3. Knysh, V.V., Solovej, S.A., Kuzmenko, A.Z. (2008) Accumulation of fatigue damage in tee welded joints of 09G2S steel in the initial condition and after strengthening by highfrequency mechanical peening. The Paton Welding J., 10, 10-15.
4. Knysh, V.V., Kuzmenko, A.Z., Solovej, A.S. (2009) Increase of cyclic fatigue life of tee welded joints with surface cracks. Ibid., 1, 29-33.
5. Branko, C., Infante, V., Bartista, R. (2004) Fatigue behaviour of the weld joints with cracks repaired by hammer peening. Fatigue & Fract. of Eng. Materials and Struct., 27, 785-798.
6. Turnbull, A., Los Rios, E.R., Tait, R. et al. (1998) Improving the fatigue crack resistance of wespalloy by shot peening. Ibid., 21, 1513-1524.
7. Asnis, A.E. (1983) Argon-arc treatment as a reserve in strength increase of welded joints. In: Argon-arc treatment of welded joints. Kiev: PWI.
8. Mazel, Yu.A. (2003) Martensite welding wire on the base of 10 % Cr and 10 % Ni with low temperature of transition. Welding Int., 17(5), 386-389.
9. Moravsky, V.E., Vorona, D.S. (1985) Technology and equipment for spot and projection capacitor welding. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
10. Moravsky, V.E. (1963) Welding with accumulated energy. Kiev: Gostekhizdat.
11. Polotsky, I.G., Nedoseka, A.Ya., Prokopenko, G.I. et al. (1974) Lowering of residual welding stresses by ultrasonic treatment. Avtomatich. Svarka, 4, 74-75.
12. Kholopov, Yu.V. (1973) Ultrasonic treatment of metal welded joints for the purpose of residual stress relieving. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 12, 20-21.