TPWJ, 2017, #2, 2-6 pages
Effect of energy parameters of microplasma powder surfacing modes on susceptibility of nickel alloy ZhS32 to crack formation
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #2, 2017 (February)
K.A. Yushchenko, A.V. Yarovitsyn and N.O. Chervyakov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Presented is a technological experience of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute in area of development of surfacing technologies for serial repair of blade flanges of aircraft GTE of nickel heat-resistant alloys ZhS26 and ZhS32 with oriented crystallization based on microplasma powder surfacing. It is shown that heat input value in a single-layer or multilayer surfacing using up to 40 A welding current can uniquely determine susceptibility to crack formation in «base–deposited metal» joints. A range of values of total heat input was determined. They can be used to predict absence or presence of cracks (hot or reheating cracks) with high probability. 18 Ref., 7 Figures.
nickel heat-resistant alloys, microplasma powder surfacing, weldability, crack formation susceptibility, effective heat power of arc, heat input, total heat input
- Boguslaev, V.A. et al. (2003) Technological support of service characteristics of GTE parts. Turbine blades. Pt 2. Zaporozhie: OJSC Motor Sich.
- Melekhov, R.K., Pokhmursky, V.I. (2003) Structural materials of power equipment. Properties. Degradation. Kiev. Naukova Dumka.
- Pejchev, G.I. et al. (2000) Development and implementation of high-temperature wear-resistant alloy for strengthening of blade flange platforms of GTE. Tekhnologicheskie Sistemy, 3, 40–42.
- Petrik, I.A., Peremilovsky, I.A. (2001) Further development of strengthening technology of flange platforms of turbine blades heat-resistant alloys. Ibid., 3, 90–92.
- Yarovitsyn, O.V. (2009) Microplasma powder surfacing of nickel heat-resistant alloys containing 45–65 % of g?-phase: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev: PWI.
- Yushchenko, K.A., Savchenko, V.S., Yarovitsyn, A.V. et al. (2010) Development of the technology for repair microplasma powder cladding of flange platform faces of aircraft engine high-pressure turbine blades. The Paton Welding J., 8, 21–24.
- Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V. (2012) Improvement of technology for reconditioning upper flange platform of aircraft GTE blades. In: Integrated program of NANU: Problems of life and service safety of structures, constructions and machines. Transact. on results of 2010–2012. Kiev: PWI.
- Yushchenko, K.A. et al. (2016) Development of technology of microplasma powder surfacing of ZhS32 alloy for reconditioning of gas-cooled blades of aircraft high-pressure turbine. Ibid., 696–701.
- Zhemanyuk, P.D., Petrik, I.A., Chigilejchik, S.L. (2015) Experience of introduction of the technology of reconditioning microplasma powder surfacing at repair of high-pressure turbine blades in batch production. The Paton Welding J., 8, 39–42. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.08.08
- ISO 17641-1:2004: Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials. Hot cracking tests for weldments. Arc welding processs. Pt 1: General.
- Budinovsky, S.A., Kablov, E.N., Muboyadzhan, S.A. (2011) Application of analytical model for determination of elastic stresses in multilayer system in solution of problems on development of high-temperature heat-resistant coatings for aircraft turbine blades. Vestnik NGTU im. N.E. Baumana. Ser. Mashinostroenie. Spec. issue: Advanced structural materials and technology, 26–37.
- Boley, B., Weiner, J. (1964) Theory of thermal stresses. Ed. by E.I. Grigolyuk. Moscow: Mir.
- (2004) Cutting. Control: Refer. Book. Ed. by N.P. Alyoshin, G.G. Chernyshov. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- DuPont, J.N., Lippold, J.C., Kisser, S.D. (2009) Welding metallurgy and weldability of nickel-base alloys. J. Willey&Sons, Inc., Noboken, New Jersey.
- Gladky, P.V., Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma surfacing. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
- Yarovitsyn, A.V. (2015) Energy approach in analysis of microplasma powder surfacing modes. The Paton Welding J., 5/6, 14–21. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.03
- Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V., Chervyakov, N.O. (2016) Dependencies of discrete-additive formation of microvolumes of metal being solidified in multilayer microplasma powder surfacing of nickel alloys. Ibid., 5/6, 143–149. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.25
- (2006) Cast heat-resistant alloys. S.T. Kishkin effect. Ed. by E. Kablov. Moscow: Nauka.