Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #2, 2017, pp. 3-7
Effect of energy parameters of microplasma powder surfacing modes on susceptibility of nickel alloy ZhS32 to crack formation
K.A. Yushchenko, A.V. Yarovitsyn and N.O. Chervyakov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented is a technological experience of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute in area of development of surfacing technologies for serial repair of blade flanges of aircraft GTE of nickel heat-resistant alloys ZhS26 and ZhS32 with oriented crystallization based on microplasma powder surfacing. It is shown that heat input value in a single-layer or multilayer surfacing using up to 40 A welding current can uniquely determine susceptibility to crack formation in «base–deposited metal» joints. A range of values of total heat input was determined. They can be used to predict absence or presence of cracks (hot or reheating cracks) with high probability. 18 Ref., 7 Figures.
nickel heat-resistant alloys, microplasma powder surfacing, weldability, crack formation susceptibility, effective heat power of arc, heat input, total heat input
- Boguslaev, V.A. et al. (2003) Technological support of service characteristics of GTE parts. Turbine blades. Pt 2. Zaporozhie: OJSC Motor Sich.
- Melekhov, R.K., Pokhmursky, V.I. (2003) Structural materials of power equipment. Properties. Degradation. Kiev. Naukova Dumka.
- Pejchev, G.I. et al. (2000) Development and implementation of high-temperature wear-resistant alloy for strengthening of blade flange platforms of GTE. Tekhnologicheskie Sistemy, 3, 40–42.
- Petrik, I.A., Peremilovsky, I.A. (2001) Further development of strengthening technology of flange platforms of turbine blades heat-resistant alloys. Ibid., 3, 90–92.
- Yarovitsyn, O.V. (2009) Microplasma powder surfacing of nickel heat-resistant alloys containing 45–65 % of g?-phase: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev: PWI.
- Yushchenko, K.A., Savchenko, V.S., Yarovitsyn, A.V. et al. (2010) Development of the technology for repair microplasma powder cladding of flange platform faces of aircraft engine high-pressure turbine blades. The Paton Welding J., 8, 21–24.
- Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V. (2012) Improvement of technology for reconditioning upper flange platform of aircraft GTE blades. In: Integrated program of NANU: Problems of life and service safety of structures, constructions and machines. Transact. on results of 2010–2012. Kiev: PWI.
- Yushchenko, K.A. et al. (2016) Development of technology of microplasma powder surfacing of ZhS32 alloy for reconditioning of gas-cooled blades of aircraft high-pressure turbine. Ibid., 696–701.
- Zhemanyuk, P.D., Petrik, I.A., Chigilejchik, S.L. (2015) Experience of introduction of the technology of reconditioning microplasma powder surfacing at repair of high-pressure turbine blades in batch production. The Paton Welding J., 8, 39–42. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.08.08
- ISO 17641-1:2004: Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials. Hot cracking tests for weldments. Arc welding processs. Pt 1: General.
- Budinovsky, S.A., Kablov, E.N., Muboyadzhan, S.A. (2011) Application of analytical model for determination of elastic stresses in multilayer system in solution of problems on development of high-temperature heat-resistant coatings for aircraft turbine blades. Vestnik NGTU im. N.E. Baumana. Ser. Mashinostroenie. Spec. issue: Advanced structural materials and technology, 26–37.
- Boley, B., Weiner, J. (1964) Theory of thermal stresses. Ed. by E.I. Grigolyuk. Moscow: Mir.
- (2004) Cutting. Control: Refer. Book. Ed. by N.P. Alyoshin, G.G. Chernyshov. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- DuPont, J.N., Lippold, J.C., Kisser, S.D. (2009) Welding metallurgy and weldability of nickel-base alloys. J. Willey&Sons, Inc., Noboken, New Jersey. https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470500262
- Gladky, P.V., Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma surfacing. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
- Yarovitsyn, A.V. (2015) Energy approach in analysis of microplasma powder surfacing modes. The Paton Welding J., 5/6, 14–21. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.03
- Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V., Chervyakov, N.O. (2016) Dependencies of discrete-additive formation of microvolumes of metal being solidified in multilayer microplasma powder surfacing of nickel alloys. Ibid., 5/6, 143–149. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.25
- (2006) Cast heat-resistant alloys. S.T. Kishkin effect. Ed. by E. Kablov. Moscow: Nauka.