Electrometallurgy today, 2017, #1, 35-38 pages
Hardening of magnesium alloy ML4 in alloying with gallium
Khokhlov M.A., Khokhlova Yu.A., Sinyuk V.S., Nikitenko Yu.A.
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The work presents the results of investigation of effect of changes in chemical and phase composition on hardening of
magnesium alloy at its alloying with gallium. The produced experimental ingot was examined by the methods of X-ray
phase and spectral analysis. It is shown that as a result of alloying of magnesium alloy with gallium the intermetallic
phase Mg5Ga2 is formed. Mechanical testing by the method of microindenting showed a significant increase in Young
modulus from 42 up to 73…110 GPa and microhardness from 1.2 up to 2.0…4.5 GPa. Ref. 8, Figures 7.
Keywords: induction remelting; magnesium; gallium; alloying; hardening; indenting
1. Khokhlov M., Ishchenko D., Khokhlova J. (2016) Peculiarities of forming diffusion bimetallic joints of aluminum foam with a monolithic magnesium alloy. Journal of magnesium and Alloys, Vol. 4, Is. 4, 326-329.
2. M.Khokhlov et al. (2014) Microstructure transformation of diffusion zone in aluminum foam and monolithic magnesium alloy bimetallic joint. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference «Fracture mechanics of materials and structural integrity». Lviv: Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute NASU, Ukraine, 24-27 June, 551-556.
3. Khokhlov M., Falchenko Yu., Khokhlova J. (2014) Microstructure and properties of joints of aluminum foam with magnesium alloys formed at up to 140 degrees Celsius. Junior EuromatLausanne, Switzerland , 21-25 July , .
4. Khokhlov M. , Falchenko Yu. V., Khokhlova J. A. (2014) Peculiarities of forming diffusion bimetallic joints of aluminum foam with a monolithic magnesium alloy. Proceedings of Cellmat, Dresden, Germany, 22-24 Oct. , 13.
5. Khokhlov M., Khokhlova J. (2015) Joining Al-foam with Monolithic Mg Alloys at Low Temperatures Using Ga Interlayer. 9th International conference on porous metals and metallic foams - Metfoam, Barcelona, Spain, 31 Aug - 2 Sept. , 79.
6. Kazuhisa Miyoshi. NASA/TM-2002-211497 Surface Characterization Techniques: An Overview.-2002.- P. 12-22. peжим дoctупa: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20020070606.pdf.
7. Oliver W. , Pharr G. M. (1992) An improved technique for determining the hardness and elastic modulus using load displacement sensing indentation experiments. Journal Materials Research, 7, 1564-1583. https://doi.org/10.1557/JMR.1992.1564
8. Nano indenters from Micro Star Technologies. Revision3. P. 9. Peжим дoctупa: http://www.microstartech.com/index/NANOINDENTERS.pdf.