Electrometallurgy today, 2017, #3, 3-8 pages
Conception of microplants for producing premium quality products
by using electroslag remelting
L.B. Medovar1, A.P. Stovpchenko1,2, Yu.V. Kostetsky1
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Engineering Company «Elmet-Roll».
A.s. 259, 03150, Kiev-150, Ukraine. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
A challenging method of creation of micrometallurgical plants on the base of electroslag remelting process for producing critical high-quality metal products by remelting of waste products of high-alloyed steels, alloys and /or non-ferrous metals is offered. Advantages of applying the electroslag remelting furnace as a main unit of a microplant for producing the premium quality products are shown. Considered are the principles of completing the microplants with advanced installations, the arrangement of which requires the minimum production areas and capital investments and guarantees the high standards of environment protection and labor conditions in service by the automation of production processes. Ref. 18, Figures 2.
Key words: electroslag remelting; electroslag casting; miniplant; microplant; high-alloyed steel
- (2012) The white book of steel: World Steel Association. ISBN 978-2-930069-67-8, https://www.worldsteel.org.
- Ginzburg, V. (2009) Flat-rolled steel processes: Advanced Technologies.
- D’Costa, A. (2013) The global restructuring of the steel industry: Innovations, institutions and industrial change, Routledge.
- (1981) Electroslag metal. Ed. by B.E. Paton, B.I. Medovar. Kiev: Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Paton, B.E., Medovar, B.I., Bojko, G.A. (1980) Electroslag casting. Kiev: Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Medovar, B.I., Tsykulenko, A.K., Dyachenko, D.M. (1990) Quality of electroslag metal. Kiev: Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Medovar, L.B., Stovpchenko, A.P., Golovachev, A.N. et al. (2013) ESR and modern approaches to control of solidification of large forge ingot. Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya, 3, 12–18 [in Russian].
- Medovar, L.B., Stovpchenko, A.P., Fedorovsky, B.B. (2013) New in ESR technology of heavy hollow ingots. Elektrometallurgiya, 1, 24–30 [in Russian].
- Medovar L., Stovpchenko A.P. (2012) ESR of the heavy hollow ingots. In: of 1st Int. Conf. on Casting, Rolling and Forging (June 3–7, 2012, Aachen).
- Fedorovsky, B.B., Timashov, G.A., Bondarenko, L.I. et al. (1986) ESC of long billets with simultaneous producing of several holes of small diameter. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 3, 38–39 [in Russian].
- Medovar, L. B., Jiang, Zh., Stovpchenko, A. P. (2008) Continuous casting of hollow tubular billets. In: of 4th Int. Congress on the Science and Technology of Steelmaking ICS 2008 (Gifu, Japan, 6–8, October 2008), 117–120.
- Medovar, L.B., Dudka, G.A., Stovpchenko, A.P. et al. (2014) Experience and prospects of traditional ESR for production of long hollow ingots-pipes. Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya, 4, 3–9 [in Russian].
- Medovar, L.B., Stovpchenko, A.P., Dudka, G.A. et al. (2014) State and prospects of application of electroslag technologies for production of long hollow ingots. Elektrometallurgiya, 1(8), 11–20 [in Russian].
- Petrov, A.K., Furman, Yu.S., Nikitin, B.M. et al. (1973) Study of quality of cast and wrought metal from hollow ESR ingots. Elektrometallurgiya, 20, 18–24 [in Russian].
- Koval, A.E., Lyamtsev, K.K., Konrad, Yu.G. (1982) On properties and serviceability of die steels of electroslag remelting. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 16, 23–26 [in Russian].
- (2010) TU 1301-039-00212179: Seamless pipes from carbon and alloy steels produced by ESR method for pipelines of TPP and NPP. Moscow: TsNIITMASh [in Russian].
- Paton, B.E., Medovar, L.B., Saenko, V.Ya. et al. (2007) New technological process of producing super-large steel ingots by ESC LM method. Advances in Electrometallurgy, 1, 3–7.
- Medovar, L.B., Stovpchenko, A.P., Saenko, V.Ya. (2010) Concept of universal ESR furnace for production of large ingots. Elektrometallurgiya, 11, 12–18 [in Russian].