SEM, 2018, #1, 9-16 pages
Producing of high-strength titanium alloy Ti-1.5Al-6.8Mo-4.5Fe by EBM method
Journal Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue # 1, 2018 (March)
S.V. Akhonin1, P.E. Markovskii2, V.A. Berezos1, A.A. Stasyuk2, A.N. Pikulin1, A.Yu. Severin1, S. L. Antonyuk3
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
G.V. Kurdyumov Institute of Metal Physics of the NAS of Ukraine.
36 Academician Vernadsky Blvd., 03142, Kyiv. E-mail: email@example.com
1 Tupolev str. 03062, Kyiv. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The possibilities of melting Ti–1.5Al–6.8Mo–4.5Fe alloy with subsequent hot deformational treatment by methods of pressing and rolling were studied. The microstructure and the level of mechanical properties of the obtained Ti–1.5Al–6.8Mo–4.5Fe titanium alloy samples of 110 mm diameter were studied. Analysis of results of the chemical composition of ingot metal showed that the distribution of alloying elements in length is uniform and corresponds to the specified composition. The plastic deformation of the produced Ti–1.5Al–6.8Mo–4.5Fe alloy made it possible to form a dispersed homogeneous intragranular ? + ?-microstructure in the material. It was shown that the alloy Ti–1.5Al–6.8Mo–4.5Fe, produced by electron beam melting and hot rolling methods, after annealing both at temperatures of two-phase ? + ? region and single-phase ?-region is characterized by a high complex of mechanical properties, when the strength at the level above 1100 MPa is combined with sufficient plastic characteristics inherent in more alloyed and expensive titanium alloys. Ref. 11, Tab. 2, Fig. 10.
titanium; high-strength alloy; electron-beam melting; pressing; rolling; microstructure; mechanical properties
- Tsvikker, U. (1979) Titanium and its alloys. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- Glazunov, S.G., Moiseev, V.N. (1969) Structural titanium alloys. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- Bania, P.J. (1993) Beta titanium alloys and their role in the titanium industry. Beta Titanium Alloys in the 90’s, TMS Publications, Warrendale, PA, 3–14.
- Weiss, I., Semiatin, S.L. (1998) Thermomechanical processing of beta titanium alloys. Sci. Eng., A 243, 46–65.
- Ivasishin, O.M., Markovsky, P.E., Semiatin, S.L., Ward, C.H. (2005) Aging response of coarse- and fine-grained ?-titanium alloys. , A 405, 296–305. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2005.06.027
- Ivasishin, O.M., Markovsky, P.E., Matviychuk, Yu.V. et al. (2008) A comparative study of the mechanical properties of high-strength ?-titanium alloys. Alloys Compd., 457(1–2), 296–309. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2007.03.070
- Boyer, R.R., Briggs, R.D. (2005) The use of ?-titanium alloys in the aerospace industry. of Mater. Eng. Perf., 14, 681–685. https://doi.org/10.1361/105994905X75448
- Paton, B.E., Trigub, N.P., Akhonin, S.V., Zhuk, G.V. (2006) Electron beam melting of titanium. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Akhonin, S.V., Pikulin, A.N., Berezos, V.A. et al. (2017) Electron beam melting of new high-strength titanium alloy T120. Elektrometall., 1, 15–21 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2017.01.03
- Ivasishin, O.M., Markovsky, P.E., Bondarchuk, V.I. (2005) Optimization of thermomechanical treatment ?-titanium alloys for producing of dispersed homogeneous structure and improvement of complex of mechanical characteristics. Titan, 2, 42–49 [in Russian].
- Beer, F.P., Johnston, E.R., DeWolf, J.T., Mazurek, D.F. (2015) Mechanics of materials. 7th , New York, McGraw-Hill.