SEM, 2018, #1, 37-41 pages
Thermal state of hardening disc during extraction
from melt in induction melting in sectional crystallizer
Journal Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue # 1, 2018 (March)
D.A. Kalashnik1, V.A. Shapovalov1, V. G. Kozhemyakin1, A V. Veretilnik1, P. B. Kalyuzhnyi2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Physico-Technological Institute of Metals and Alloys of the NAS of Ukraine.
34/1 Academician Vernadsky Blvd., 03142, Kyiv, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The thermal state of a hardening disc is considered. Such parameters were subjected to investigation as rotation speed, geometric dimensions of the disc, area of molten metal contact with the disc A mathematical model of the differential equation of the thermal state for a solid body was applied.. In calculations, the finite element method was used using the Comsol Multiphysics software product. Nonlinear relationships between the geometric dimensions and the temperature of the hardening disc heating were obtained. A study was made and the influence of technological parameters on the disc heating was determined. A technological mode was suggested, as a result of which a significant decrease in the mean temperature of the hardening disc is observed. Ref. 6, Fig. 6.
thermal state; hardening disc; dispersion; flakes; induction melting; sectional crystallizer; rapidly quenched alloys
- Zhang, H. (2017) Magnetocaloric effect of Ni–Fe–Mn–Sn microwires by melt extraction technique. Material and Design, 114, 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2016.10.077
- Qian, M.F. (2016) Microstructural evolution of Ni–Mn–Ga microwires during the melt-extraction process. of alloys and compounds, 660, 244–251. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2015.11.118
- Li, D. (2016) Superelasticity of Cu–Ni–Al shape-memory fibers prepared by melt extraction technique. J. of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials, 23, 928–933. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12613-016-1308-y
- Kalashnik, D.A., Shapovalov, V.A., Sheiko, I.V. et al. (2015) Analysis of technological peculiarities of producing rapid-hardening alloys (Review). Elektrometall., 3, 27–34 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2015.03.05
- Shapovalov, V.A., Nikitenko, Yu.A. and Melnik, A.S. (2008) Thermal state of drum-cooler of plasma-arc installation in process of superfast melt hardening. Advances in Electromatallurgy, 3, 40–43.
- Kalashnik, D.A., Nikitenko, Yu.A., Shapovalov, V.A. et al. (2016) Shape and geometric sizes of rapid-hardening materials produced by dispersion from melt in IMSM. Elektrometall., 3, 31–34 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2016.03.06