SEM, 2018, #2, 28-36 pages
Modern rail steels. application of ESR (Review). Information 2.
Requirements of standards to chemical composition of steels for railway rails of main-line tracks
Journal Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 2, 2018 (May)
L.B. Medovar, A.P. Stovpchenko, A.A. Polishko, D.A. Kolomiets, E.A. Pedchenko, V.A. Zaitsev
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The comparison of national standard on railway rails and modern foreign ones is made. It is shown that requirements in Ukraine to the railway rails are less strict as compared with foreign ones and do not provide the updated level of their quality. The relation of present metallurgical technologies of rail production and their quality, in particular, the feasibility of applying the vacuum-carbon deoxidation of rail steel and refuse from aluminium deoxidation, is analyzed. The need in the development of new standard of Ukraine for the railway rails and opportunity of electroslag remelting application for the high-quality rails are shown. Ref. 27, Tabl. 3.
railway rails; rail steels; bainite; pearlite; hypereutectoid; vacuum-carbon deoxidation; deoxidation; macrostructure; electroslag remelting; standard
- (2007) Railway applications–track–rail. Pt 1: Vignole railway rails 46 kg/m and above. EN 13674-1:2003+А1:2007.
- Vitez, I., Oruc, M., Krumes, D., Kladaric, I. (2007) Damage to railway rails caused by exploitation. Metalurgija, 46(2), 123–128.
- (2005) Steels: Processing, structure, and performance (#05140G. Сhapt. 15. High-carbon steels: Fully pearlitic microstructures and applications. ASM International. https://www.asminternational.org/documents/10192/1849770/Chapter_15_WEB.pdf
- Conventional rails of road-gage railways. General specifications. DSTU 4344:2004. Kyiv, Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
- (2014) Railway rails. General specifications. GOST R 51 685–2013 [in Russian].
- Saeki, K., Iwano, K. (2013) Progress and prospects of rail for railroads Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal. Technical Report, 105, 21–25.
- Girsch, G., Keichel, J., Gehrmann R. et al. (2009) Advanced rail steels for heavy haul application-track performance and weldability. In: of 9th Int. Heavy Haul Conf. (Shanghai, China, June 22–25, 2009), 171–178.
- Ordonez, R., Garcsal, C. I., Kalay, S., Deardo, J. (2010) Development of high performance steels for rail. In: of Joint Rail Conf. 2010, 1 (Urbana, Illinois, USA, April 27–29, 2010), 129–133.
- Dementiev, V.P., Korneva, L.V., Serpiyanov, A.I. et al. (2007) Technology of production and exploitation of experimental rails NKMK on East Siberian Railway. In: of All-Russian Sci.-Pract. Conf. on Problems and Prospects of Research, Design, Construction and Exploitation of Russian Railways (10–11 October 2007, Irkutsk), Vol. 1, 29–34 [in Russian].
- Pan, A.V. Development and implementation of new technologies for current and prospective production of rails: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Moscow [in Russian].
- Jin, N., Clayton, P. (1997) Effect of microstructure on rolling/sliding wear of low carbon bainitic steels. Wear, 202(2), 202–207. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(96)07271-7
- Marais, J. J., Mistry, K. C. (2003) Rail integrity management by means of ultrasonic testing. Fatigue & Fract. of Eng. Mat. & Struct., 26(10), 931–938. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1460-2695.2003.00668.x
- Madler, K., Zoll, A., Heyder, R., Brehmer, M. Rail materials — alternatives and limits. www.railway-research.org.sl.3.4.1.pdf
- Solano-Alvarez, W., Peet, M.J., Pickering, E.J. et al. (2017) Synchrotron and neural network analysis of the influence of composition and heat treatment on the rolling contact fatigue of hypereutectoid pearlitic steels. Sci. and Engin., 707, 259–269. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2017.09.045
- Sychkov, A.B., Zhigarev, M.A., Perchatkin, A.V. et al. (2006) High-carbon rod from steel with higher chromium content. Metallurg, 4, 59–62 [in Russian].
- Zazyan, A.S. (2006) Regulation of amount and composition of nonmetallic inclusions during performance of out-of-furnace treatment of high-carbon steel. Metallurgiya, 10, 40–44 [in Russian].
- (2017) Advantages of Si deoxidation of bearing steels for steel cleanness and for composition and morphology of nonmetallic inclusions. Bearing steel technologies. Ed. by J. M. Beswick. Vol. 11: Progress in steel technologies and bearing steel quality assurance. ASTM STP1600, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA, 48–62.
- Gurchenko, P.S., Solonovich, A.A. (2015) Prospects of application of carbon steels for bearings and gears with strengthened by controlled volumetric-surface quenching from induction heating. Litio i Metallurgiya, 1, 91–97 [in Russian].
- Tyagny, V.V., Stovpchenko, A.P., Grishchenko, Yu.N. et al. (2007) Increase in efficiency of metal degassing for railway wheels. Stal, 8, 30–33 [in Russian].
- Projdak, Yu.S., Stovpchenko, A.P., Kamkina, L.V. et al. (2008) Experimental investigation of gas saturation of high-strength rope steel in out-of-furnace treatment process. In: Nowe technologie i osiagniecia w metalurgii i inzynerii materialowej. Chestochowa, Wydawnictwo Politechniki Czestochwskiej, 360–363.
- Wei Wu, Liu Liu (2008) Application of Al-free deoxidizer in rail steel manufacture. of University of Science and Technology Beijing, Mineral, Metallurgy, Material, 15(5), 534–537. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1005-8850(08)60100-0
- Garber, A.K., Arsenikin, A.M., Grigorovich, K.V. et al. (2008) Analysis different technology variants for rail steel deoxidation in OSJC NTMK. Elektrometallurgiya, 10, 3–7 [in Russian].
- Kozurev, Z.A., Protopopov, E.V., Aizatylov, R.C., Boikov, D.V. New production technology of rail steel. Chyorn. Metallurgiya, 2012; 55(2), 25–29 [in Russian]. DOI: 10.17073/0368-0797-2012-2-25-29. https://doi.org/10.17073/0368-0797-2012-2-25-29
- http://www.indexbox.ru/news/rossijskie-relsy-vytesnyayut-import/2016: Index box
- Rudyuk, O., Pykhtin, Ya., Ivanysenko, L., Bezpoyasova, A. (2013) Analysis of requirements of standards for main-line railway rails. Standartyzatsiya, Sertyfikatsiya, Yakist, 5, 3–8 [in Ukrainian].
- Sladojevic, B. et al. (2011) New requirements for the quality of steel rails. Metalurgija-MJoM, 17(4), 213–219.