SEM, 2021, #2, 40-46 pages
Improvement of the procedure of analysis of thermokinetic diagrams of phase transformations in metal of high-strength low-alloy steel welds
V.A. Kostin, V.V. Zhukov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., Kyiv, 03150, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
A new improved procedure is proposed for studying critical temperature phase transformations in high-strength lowalloy
steels and their welded joints, which consists in approximation of the dependence of thermal expansion factor
on temperature and separation of structural transformation from thermal expansion. For detailed determination of
the features of transformations in the metal of welds of high-strength low-alloy steels it is proposed to use kinetic
parameters of transformation: volume effect of transformation (S), maximum value of transformation intensity (Vmax),
temperature of maximum intensity of transformations (TV). Ref. 12, Tabl. 1, Fig. 8.
diagram of austenite decomposition; phase transformations; critical temperatures; automatic welding;
weld metal; powder inoculators, microstructure
1. Cherepin, V.T. (1968) Experimental engineering in physical
metals science. Kiev, Tekhnika [in Russian].
2. Gulyaev, A.P. (1986) Metals science: Manual for higher education
instit. 6th Ed. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
3. Selivanova, O.V., Polukhina, O.N., Khotinov, V.A., Farber,
V.M. (2017) Modern methods for investigation of polymorphous
transformations in steels. Ekaterinburg, Izd-vo Ural.
Un-ta [in Russian].
4. Teplukhina, I.V., Golod, V.M., Thvetkov, A.S. (2018) Plotting diagrams of overcooled austenitedecomposition in steel on the base of numerical analysis of dilatometric testing results. Pisma o Materialakh, 8(1), 37-41 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.22226/2410-3535-2018-1-37-41
5. Motyčka, P., Kövér, M. (2012) Evaluation methods of
dilatometer curves of phase transformations. In: Proc. of 2nd
Inter. Conf. on Recent Trends in Structural Materials — COMAT
2012 (21–22.11, 2012, Plzeň, Czech Republic).
6. Zhuravlev, L.G., Filatov, V.I. (2004) Physical methods of investigation
of metals and alloys. Chelyabinsk, YuUrGU [in
7. Novikova, S.I. (1976) Thermal expansion of solids. Moscow,
Nauka [in Russian].
8. Grigorenko, G.M., Kostin, V.A., Orlovsky, V.Yu. (2008) Current
capabilities of simulation of austenite transformations in
low-alloyed steel welds. The Paton Welding J., 3, 22–24.
9. Ashkroft, N., Mermin, N. (2013) Solid state physics. Vol. 2:
Manual on physics. Moscow [in Russian].
10. Kittel, Ch. (1978) Introduction to solid state physics. Moscow,
Nauka [in Russian].
11. (1998) Encyclopedia. Vol. 5: Stroboscopic devices. Brightness.
Ed. by A.M. Prokhorov, D.M. Alekseev et al. Big Russian
encyclopedia [in Russian].
12. Gladshtejn, L.I., Rivanenok, T.N., Khristov, A.V. (2008)
Dilatometric analysis of kinetics of polymorphous transformations
in heating of steel. Zavod. Laboratoriya. Diagnostika
Materialov, 74(6), 36–39 [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: