Electrometallurgy Today (Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya), 2021, #4, 25-31 pages
Production of ingots from high-strength structural titanium-base alloys by electron beam melting
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., Kyiv, 03150, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathematical modeling methods were used to study the thermal condition of titanium alloy ingots at electron beam
melting, taking into account the hydrodynamic flows and processes of chemical element evaporation during electron
beam melting of high-strength structural titanium alloys. Proceeding from calculations conducted within the scope
of the mathematical models, technological modes were determined and technology was developed for electron beam
melting of high-strength titanium alloy ingots, ensuring the high quality of the produced metal. Work to produce the
semi-finished products was performed, and the high quality of titanium alloys, obtained by the developed electron beam
melting technology, was demonstrated. Ref. 10, Tabl. 5, Fig. 6.
electron beam melting; cold hearth; ingot; high-strength titanium alloy; mathematical model;
crystallization; evaporation; alloying components; chemical composition; structure; deformation treatment; heat
treatment; mechanical properties
1. Kablov, E.N. (2012) Strategic directions of development of materials and technologies of their processing for the period uo to 2030. Aviats. Materialy i Tekhnologii, S, 7-17 [in Russian].
2. Khorev, A.I., (2000) Titanium alloys for aerospace engineering and prospect of their development. In: Promising aluminium and titanium alloys for aerospace engineering. Aviats. Materialy i Tekhnologii, 11-32 [in Russian].
3. Molyar, A.G., Kotsyuba, A.A., Bychkov, A.S. et al. (2015) Structural materials in aircraft construction. Kiev, KVITs [in Russian].
4. Paton, B.E., Trigub, N.P., Akhonin, S.V., Zhuk, G.V. (2006) Electron beam melting of titanium. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
5. Paton, B.E., Akhonin, S.V., Berezos, V.A. (2018) Development of technologies of electron beam melting of metals at the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. Suchasna Elektrometal., 4, 19-35 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2018.04.01
6. Akhonin, S.V. (2003) Processes of refinement in vacuum and optimization of modes of electron beam melting of high-reactive and refractory metals: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Tech. Sci. Degree. Kiev, PWI [in Russian].
7. Lesnoj, A.B., Demchenko, V.F. (2003) Modeling of hydrodynamics and mass exchange in electron beam remelting of titanium alloys. Advances in Electrometallurgy, 3, 17-21.
8. Zhuk, G.V., Trigub, N.P., Fesan, A.A. (2008) Energy characteristics of EBCHM process of titanium alloys. Ibid., 4, 13-15.
9. Akhonin, S.V., Severin, A.Yu., Berezos, V.A. et al. (2016) Peculiarities of melting of titanium alloy VT19 ingots in electron beam cold hearth installation. Sovrem. Elektrometall., 2, 23-27 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2016.02.03
10. Akhonin, S.V., Berezos, V.A., Bondar O.I. et al. (2021) Mathematical modeling of hydrodynamic and thermal processes at crystallization of titanium ingots produced by EBM. Suchasna Elektrometal., 1, 17-24 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.37434/sem2021.01.02
Advertising in this issue: