“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
1E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
2I.M. Frantsevich Institute of Problems of Materials Science, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Abstract Results of the comprehensive investigations aimed at development of a fundamentally new overlaying consumable for deposition of wear-resistant layers on the surface of titanium alloys, i.e. titanium flux-cored filler wire, are given. The process was developed for overlaying by using the argon arc controlled by the external transverse alternating magnetic field. It is shown that the deposited metal provides a 10 times increase in tribotechnical surface properties of titanium VT1-1.
Keywords: arc overlaying, titanium flux-cored wire, argon, wear resistance of deposited layer, controlled magnetic field
References 1. Vanzhula, T.V., Zamkov, V.N., Prilutsky, V.P. (2003) Improvement of wear resistance of parts of titanium alloys (Review). The Paton Welding J., 8, 30-34.
2. Takahashi, W., Okada, M., Shida, Y. et al. (1993) Wear resistant titanium alloys. J. Jap. Soc. Heat Treat., 33(5), 283-288.
3. Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Prilutsky, V.P. et al. Fluxcored wire. Pat. 3883713 USA. Int. Cl. B 23k 35/22. Publ. 13.05.1975.
4. Gadzyra, N.F., Gnesin, G.G. (2003) Technological aspects of synthesis of nanoparticles of solid solution of carbon in silicon carbide and nanocomposite powders on its base. Nanocrystalline materials. In: Transact. of I.N. Frantsevich IPM. Series Physico-Chemical Principles of Powder Materials. Kiev, 64-75.
5. Gadzyra, N.F., Gnesin, G.G., Mikhajlik, A.A. (2005) Segregation phenomena in non-equilibrium solid solution powders with an excess of the carbon atoms replacing the silicon atoms in SiC structure. Sverkhtv. Materialy, 5, 56-64.
6. Paton, B.E., Zamkov, V.N., Prilutsky, V.P. (1996) Narrowgroove welding proves its worth on thick titanium. Welding J., 5, 37-41.