The Paton Welding Journal, 2012, #1, 18-23 pages
COMBINED DIFFUSION PROCESS OF JOINING BIMETAL ELEMENTS OF HEAT EXCHANGE SYSTEM
Yu.A. KHOKHLOVA, V.E. FEDORCHUK and M.A. KHOKHLOV
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
A possibility of joining stainless steel to aluminium at lower temperatures owing to deposition on steel of a sprayed layer of commercial aluminium and molten gallium at different exposure times has been experimentally established. Optimization of microstructure and properties of a region of diffusion zone is achieved by application of a short-time heating with passing of low-voltage current.
solid-phase welding, bimetal, aluminium, steel, gallium, adhesion, adhesion activator, reactive diffusion, reactive diffusion modeling, method of molecular dynamics, nanoindentation, diffusion coefficient
1. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Khokhlova, Yu.A., Fedorchuk, V.E. et al. (2010) Technological features of producing joints of commercial aluminium with AMg5 alloy at activation of surfaces being joined by molten gallium: Transact. Nikolaev: NUK, 68-74.
2. Avvakumov, E.G. (2009) Fundamentals of mechanical activation, mechanosynthesis and mechanochemical technologies: Integration projects. Novosibirsk: Nauka.
3. Khokhlova, Yu.A., Fedorchuk, V.E., Khokhlov M.A. (2011) Peculiarities of intergranular mass transfer of gallium in aluminium alloy during solid phase activation of surfaces being joined. The Paton Welding J., 3, 13-15.
4. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Khokhlova, Yu.A. (2009) Evaluation of mechanical properties of microstructural constituents of welded joints. Ibid., 1, 34-37.
5. Khokhlova, Yu.A., Khokhlov, M.A. (2009) Nanoscale effect in diffusion joints with gallium. In: Abstr. of Int. Conf. on Welding and Related Processes. Nikolaev: NUK, 111.
6. Likhtman, V.I., Shchukin, E.D., Rebinder, P.A. (1962) Physiko-chemical mechanics of metals. In: Adsorption phenomena in processes of deformation and fracture of metal. Moscow: AN SSSR.
7. Tikhomirova, O.I., Pikunov, M.V. (1969) Influence of shape and size of second component particles on properties of gallium solders. Poroshk. Metallurgiya, 82(12), 51-56.
8. Poletaev, G.M., Starostenkov, M.D. (2010) Contributions of different mechanisms of self-diffusion to fcc metals in equilibrium conditions. Fizika Tv. Tela, 52, Issue 6, 1075-1082.