TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 41-43 pages
Effect of pulsed electrode wire feeding on formation and wear resistance of deposited bead and losses of electrode metal in CO2 arc surfacing
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
I.V. Lendel1, S.Yu. Maksimov1, V.A. Lebedev1 And O.A. Kozyrko2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
«DMT Production» Company. 11/2 Bugsky Bld., 54029, Nikolaev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The work deals with the results of investigations of influence of pulsed electrode wire feed parameters on the conditions of deposited metal bead formation, wear resistance and losses of electrode metal in electric arc surfacing in CO2
. The comparative analysis of results was carried out obtained at constant and pulsed electrode wire feed. It was shown that change in electrode wire feed rate at constant power parameters of surfacing process allows efficiently influencing the formation of deposited bead, wear resistance and amount of losses of electrode metal. The given result is achieved due to change of kinematical conditions of electrode metal transfer from the electrode end through the arc gap to the molten metal pool. 11 Ref., 4 Figures.
deposited metal, electrode wire pulsed feed parameters, geometric parameters of deposited bead, electrode wire feed rate, losses of electrode metal, control of electrode metal transfer
1. Paton, B.E. (1999) Problems of welding at the border of centuries. Avtomatich. Svarka, 1, 4-14.
2. Ryabtsev, I.A., Senchenkov, I.K. (2013) Theory and practice of surfacing works. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
3. Krampit, N.Yu. (2009) Methods of control of electrode metal melting and transfer (Review). Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 3, 31-35.
4. Zhernosekov, A.M. (2012) Tendencies in development of control of metal transfer processes in shielding gases (Review). The Paton Welding J., 1, 29-33.
5. Goecke, S.F. (2005) Low energy arc joining process for materials sensitive to heat. EWM Hightec Welding GmbH.
6. (2013) OTC Daihen Inc. advanced welding and robotic systems. DP-400/DP-500/DM-350/DM-500 digital controlled DC inverter arc welding machines: Cat. No. A446C.
7. Uusitalo, J. (2006) Kemppi Pro News 2/2006. FastROOT Process, 4-8.
8. (2008-2009) Kemppi Product Cat. Kemppi Oy. P.O. Box 13. 15801 Lahti, Finland.
9. (2011) Cloos Products, 142. Carl Cloos Schweisstechnik GmbH.
10. (2014/2015) Product Catalogue, 120. Fronius International GmbH, Austria.
11. Ryabtsev, I.I., Chernyak, Ya.P., Osin, V.V. (2004) Block-modular unit for testing of deposited metal. Svarshchik, 1, 18-19.