TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 63-69 pages
Flux-cored wires at the world and regional markets of welding consumables (Review)
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue ¹ 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
A.A. Mazur, O.K. Makovetskaya, S.V. Pustovojt And N.S. Brovchenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electric arc welding is one of the basic technologies of industrial economy. The industrialized countries are characterized by a sustainable development of welding production and appearance of new technologies, welding equipment, as well as new consumables at the market. The main factors of wide application of welding technologies and surfacing using flux-cored wire in various industries and construction are high quality of welds and efficiency of welding process. The article presents analysis of the world and regional markets of flux-cored wire. In the world a steady growth in using mechanized and automatic welding and surfacing using powder consumables is observed. To meet the rising demand for flux-cored wire at the separate regional markets in a number of countries, new production capacities for its production are created. For example, in China, where rates of development of welding production are far ahead not only the industrialized countries but also certain regions, over the past decade new facilities for production of powder welding and surfacing consumables were put into operation. The level of mechanization and automation of arc welding is increased both in separate countries as well as around the world in general. The production capacities of Ukrainian producers allow completely satisfying the demand for flux-cored wire at the domestic market. 15 Ref., 7 Tables, 7 Figures.
welding, welding production, flux-cored wire, technology, market, state-of-the-art, prospects
1. (2010) Welding products market is set to reach USD 23.78 billion by 2010. http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com
2. (2013) Victor Technology Group, Inc.: Annual report 2013. http://www.victortechnologies.com
3. Welding equipment and supplies: The global market. http://www.bccresearch.com
4. Sudhakar Ruth Sudhakar. Key growtn accelerators for the global welding consumables market. http://www.frost.com
5. (2013) Multiple benefits to underpin appeal of flux-cored wires. Welding and Cutting, 5, 286.
6. (2014) General description for welding consumables. The Japan Welding News for the World, 67, 4-5.
7. (2012) General description for welding consumables market. Ibid., 59, 5-6.
8. Morimoto, T. (2005) Developments in flux-cored wire for gas-shielded arc welding. Kobelco Techn. Rev., 26, 49-53.
9. Rosert, R., Karasyov, M.V. (2012) Flux-cored wires: Tendencies, development and their industrial application. In: Proc. of Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. on Welding Consumables (St.-Petersburg), 220-230.
10. Chauhan, A. Welding requirements for repairs and maintenance increased adoption of preventive maintenance leads the market for welding. http://www.frost.com
11. Cho Seon Mook (2005) State-of-the-art of welding materials and instrument in Korea. J. JWS, 74(1), 18-19.
12. (2014) Schweissen und Schneiden 2013 - Keingutes Jahr. Schweissen und Schneiden, 66(9), 500-513.
13. Sidlin, Z.A. (2009) Current status of welding consumables production in Russia. The Paton Welding J., 2, 23-25.
14. (2014) UNCOMTRAD. http://comtrade.un.org 15.
15. Economics review of welding production and market of welding equipment of Ukraine in 1990-2013. Kiev: PWI.