TPWJ, 2016, #9, 18-25 pages
Supersonic electric arc spraying of critical parts of rolling stock of railway transport
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #9, 2016 (September)
V.N. Korzhik1, 2, N.P. Lyutik2, A.A. Chajka2, V.I. Tkachuk2, 3, I.D. Gos2 and Yu.A. Nikityuk4
Guangdong Welding Institute (Chinese-Ukrainian E.O. Paton Welding Institute) 510650, Guangzhou, PRC. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Scientific and Production Center «PLAZER» 10-A Filatova Str., 01042, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific-Production Company «VISP» 23 Moskovsky Ave., 04655, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Rise of efficiency of application of railway transport requires new technologies and materials for increase of their life, first of all of the critical parts of rolling stock. In this aspect one of the most perspective technologies is a supersonic electric arc spraying or supersonic air-gas electric arc metallizing. It allows eliminating the main disadvantages of a traditional electric arc spraying related with low quality of coating, namely, increased burning out of the alloying elements of wire metal being sprayed due to air jet effect, low adhesion strength of the coating with the base material. 12 Ref., 2 Tables, 8 Figures.
supersonic electric arc spraying, railway transport, critical assembly units, coating properties, coating cohesion strength
- Kuzmin, V.P., Berdin, M.M., Kuleshov, E.S. et al. (2002) Reconditioning of axle necks of wheel pairs by surfacing. Zheleznodoroznhy Transport, 1, 46–49.
- Kuzmin, V.P. (2001) Reconditioning of axle necks of car wheel pairs by arc spraying. Vestnik VNIIZhT, 1, 46.
- Korzhik, V.N., Krivtsun, I.V., Petrov, S.V. et al. (2009) New technology Plazer for reconditioning of railway parts. Remont, Vosstanovlenie, Modernizatsiya, 1, 20–22.
- Korzhik, V.N., Kharlamov, M.Yu., Petrov, S.V. et al. (2001) Technology and equipment for reconditioning of railway transport critical parts by plasma-arc spraying. Vestnik VostochnoukrNU, 14, 76–84.
- Zelenin, V.I., Kavunenko, P.V., Tisenkov, V.V. et al. (2009) Application of plasma-arc metallization for restoration of wheel pairs. The Paton Welding J., 12, 28–31.
- Pokhmursky, V.I., Student, M.M., Dovgunyk, V.M. et al. (2003) Structure and tribotechnical characteristics of coatings produced by electric arc metallizing using flux-cored wires. Ibid., 8, 12–16.
- Borisov, Yu.S., Petrov, S.V. (1995) Application of supersonic jets in thermal spraying technology. Svarka, 1, 41–44.
- Frolov, V.A., Poklad, V.A., Ryabenko, B.V. et al. (2006) Technological specifics of methods of supersonic thermal spraying (Review). Proizvodstvo, 11, 38–47.
- Petrov, S.V., Karp, I.N. (1993) Plasma air spraying. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Petrov, S.V., Karp, I.N. (2011) Unit of supersonic arc spraying PLAZER15-SA. Svarshchik, 1, 17–21.
- Royanov, V.A. Theoretical principles of development and commercialization of sparcely-alloyed flux-cored wires for arc spraying of wear-resistant coatings with improved operational properties: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Degree. Minsk: BPI.
- Korzhik, V.N., Borisova, A.L., Gordan, G.N. et al. (2014) Peculiarities of structure of coatings of Fe–Cr–Al system flux-cored wire produced under conditions of supersonic electric arc metallization. The Paton Welding J., 2, 31–36. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.02.04