TPWJ, 2016, #9, 14-17 pages
Effect of parameters of welding circuit on formation of welding current pulses
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #9, 2016 (September)
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This work studies a poorly investigated effect of welding arc parameters on amplitude of welding current pulses in consumable electrode gas-shielded pulsed arc welding (PAW). A welding circuit is considered as a frequency-selective system, which passes the pulses in undistorted form only in specific frequency band. The pulses out of this band are significantly suppressed, that can result in rapid decrease of PAW efficiency. The main aim of the work is to determine a width of welding circuit pass band and possibility of its increase. In scope of developed mathematical model a criterion was obtained, which sets in algebraic form one of the necessary conditions of PAW efficient application. From practical point of view, this criterion allows, using known parameters of welding circuit, carrying out a fairly simple evaluation of pass band upper boundary, inside which a set amplitude of welding current pulses is ensured. From the other side, indicated criterion can be used for solving an inverse problem, i.e. to determine the allowable values of some parameters of welding circuit using preliminary selected frequency of welding current pulse passing. Besides, due to its «analytical property» the indicated criterion can be useful for theoretical investigations of pulse-arc processes taking place in the welding circuit. 19 Ref., 5 Figures.
pulsed arc welding, consumable electrode, welding circuit, welding current amplitude, pulse repetition frequency, mathematical model
- Paton, B.E., Potapievsky, A.G., Podola, N.V. (1964) Consumable electrode pulsed arc welding with programmable control of process. Svarka, 1, 1–6.
- Amin, M. (1983) Pulse current parameters for arc stability and controlled metal transfer in arc welding. Welding J., 5, 272–278.
- Matsunawa, A., Yamamoto, G., Hiramoto, S. (1984) Pulsed arc welding. of JWS, 53(6), 20–28. https://doi.org/10.2207/qjjws1943.53.284
- Shejko, P.P., Pavshuk, V.M. (1992) Power source for consumable electrode pulsed-arc welding with smooth control of parameters. Svarka, 6, 44–46.
- Saraev, Yu.N. (1994) Pulsed technological processes of welding and surfacing. Novosibirsk: Nauka.
- Voropaj, N.M., Ilyushenko, V.M., Lankin, Yu.N. (1999) Specifics of pulsed arc welding with synergic control of parameters (Review). Svarka, 6, 26–32.
- Sudnik, V.A., Ivanov, A.V., Diltey, U. (2000) Mathematical model of heat source in shielded metal-arc welding. Pt 2: Pulsed process. Proizvodstvo, 9, 9–15.
- Saraev, Yu.N. (2002) Adaptive pulsed arc mechanized welding in construction of main pipelines. Ibid., 1, 4–11.
- Paton, B.E., Shejko, P.P., Zhernosekov, A.M. et al. (2003) Stabilization of the process of consumable electrode pulse-arc welding. The Paton Welding J., 8, 2–5.
- Dyurgerov, N.G., Sagirov, D.Kh. (2004) Determination of properties in pulsed welding processes. Proizvodstvo, 4, 14–18. https://doi.org/10.1533/wint.2004.3354
- Nong, H., Ueyama, T. (2004) Solutions to problems of tiny spatter and arc pulsed MIG welding. J. of JWS, 22(2), 249–247.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (2005) Influence of frequency properties of the welding circuit on current parameters in pulsed-arc welding processes. The Paton Welding J., 10, 9–13.
- Knyazkov, A.F., Krampit, N.Yu., Krampit, A.G. et al. (2005) Study of the process of electrode metal transfer in pulsed supply of welding arc. Tekhnologiya Metallov, 7, 18–21.
- Krampit, N.Yu., Krampit, A.G. (2014) Study of process of consumable electrode pulsed-arc CO2-shielded welding. Vestnik MGTU im. N.E. Baumana. Series Mashinostroenie, 5, 106–111.
- Dyurgerov, N.G., Lenivkin, V.A. (2015) Technological stability of consumable electrode pulsed-arc welding. Proizvodstvo, 2, 3–7.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (2014) Adaptive control in arc welding. Kiev: Stal.
- Gutnikov, V.S. (1990) Filtration of measuring signals. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
- Makarov, I.M., Mensky, B.M. (1977) Linear automatic systems (elements of theory, methods of calculation and reference material). Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Leskov, G.I. (1970) Electric welding arc. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.