TPWJ, 2016, #9, 26-29 pages
Investigation of wear resistance of protective coatings under conditions of hydroabrasive wear
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #9, 2016 (September)
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Increase of service life of the drill bits with protective coatings, operating under conditions of abrasive, erosion and corrosion wear, is the most relevant problem in Ukraine. Aim of present work is to study wear resistance of the protective coatings under conditions of hydroabrasive wear. The investigation of wear resistance was made on the protective coatings, containing tungsten carbides, TeroCote 7888T, Diamax M and relite LZ-11-7, being arc deposited on steel 45, under conditions of abrasive wear. It is determined that wear resistance of relite LZ-11-7 and Diamax M composite alloys, consisting of Fe-based reinforcing particles (fused spherical and crushed tungsten carbide), has selective character and insignificant dependence on properties and hardness of a matrix. Application of Ni-based composite alloy TeroCote 7888T (split tungsten carbide) provides for efficient protection under conditions of hydroabrasive wear. At room temperature the wear resistance of the protective TeroCote 7888T coating 1.5 and 2 times exceeds the wear resistance of relite LZ-11-7 and Diamax M, respectively. This alloy allows increasing service life of the protective coatings of reconditioned defect areas of drill bits’ bodies, which operate under heavy conditions of corrosion-abrasive wear. 10 Ref., 3 Tables, 5 Figures.
surfacing, surfacing consumables, tungsten carbides, structure, strength, wear resistance, composite alloys, hardness, relite
- Khorunov, V.F., Stefaniv, B.V., Sabadash, O.M. et al. (2012) Peculiarities of technologies for repair of drill bits with diamond-carbide cutters. In: Problems of service life and safety of structures, constructions and machines: Transact., 488–493. Kiev: PWI.
- Stefaniv, B.V., Khorunov, V.F., Sabadash, O.M. (2014) Features of reconditioning steel drill bit watercourse. The Paton Welding J., 11, 50–54. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.11.10
- Stefaniv, B.V., Khorunov, V.F., Sabadash, O.M. et al. (2015) Peculiarities of restoration of working parts of drilling bit matrix bodies. Ibid., 8, 47–50. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.08.10
- Stefaniv, B.V., Khorunov, V.F., Sabadash, O.M. et al. (2012) Features of technology for repair of wear working parts of steel and drilling bit matrix bodies. In: Problems of service life and safety of structures, constructions and machines: Transact., 688-696. Kiev: PWI.
- Information of company Postalloy (USA) for surfacing of protective coatings. http://www.postle.com
- Information for soldering and surfacing TeroCote®. http://www.castolin.com.ua
- Surfacing materials BAT-Service. http://www.b-trans.com.ua/qw/id/79
- Materials for surfacing and spraying. http://www.kennametal.com/stellite
- Surfacing alloy relite of LZ type. http://email@example.com
- Yuzvenko, Y.A., Zhudra, A.P., Frumin, E.I. (1973) Abrasive wear of composite alloys. Svarka, 7, 62–63.