TPWJ, 2016, #9, 30-32 pages
Effect of current pulses on activation of welded surfaces of plates from dissimilar metals (steel 20 + copper M1)
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #9, 2016 (September)
L.I. Markashova1, N.A. Onatskaya2 and L.Yu. Demidenko2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Institute of Pulse Processes and Technologies, NASU 43-A Oktyabrsky Ave., 54018, Nikolaev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented are the results of engineering process of welding of plates from dissimilar metals (steel 20 + copper M1) under conditions of passing of high-density current pulses. Pulse current generator GIT-50, developed in the Institute of Pulse Processes and Technologies of the NAS of Ukraine, was used for welding processes activation. Application of complex investigation method allowed determining that different stages of the process of welded joint formation take place on a contact interaction surface of macroscopic size. It is caused by inhomogeneity of the real surfaces of solid bodies even at high class of their treatment. The results of examination of steel surface fine structure indicate that treatment of the preliminary compressed plates with the high-density pulses results in significant activation of the dislocation transformations, having significant effect on development of the third stage of solid state welding process, i.e. stage of volumetric interaction. 7 Ref., 2 Figures.
welded joints, dissimilar materials, high-density current pulses, contact zone, electron microscopy, dislocation structure, activation of contact surface
- Middeldorf, K., von Hofe, D. (2008) Trends in joining technology. The Paton Welding J., 11, 33–39.
- Reisgen, U., Stein, L., Steiners, M. (2010) Stahl-Aluminium-Mischverbindungen: Schweissen oder Loeten? Die Kombination zweier etablierter Fuegetechnologien macht Unmoegliches moeglich. Schweissen und Schneiden, 62(5), 278–284.
- Karakozov, E.S. (1976) Joining of metals in solid phase. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Karakozov, E.S. (1986) Pressure welding of metals. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Troitsky, O.A., Baranov, Yu.V., Avraamov, Yu.S. et al. (2004) Physical principles and technology of treatment of modern materials. Vol.1: Theory, technology, structure and properties. Moscow; Izhevsk: IKI.
- Onatskaya, N.A., Demidenko, L.Yu. (2010) Influence of circuit processing by current pulses on formation of physical contact in pressure welding. Obrab. Materialov, 3, 19–21.
- Vovchenko, A.I., Demidenko, L.Yu., Onatskaya, N.A. (2011) Intensification of plastic deformation of metal surfaces under action of current pulses in pressure welding. Naukovi Notatky, 32, 63–68.