TPWJ, 2018, #9, 18-22 pages
Investigation of plasmatron electric and energy characteristics in microplasma spraying with wire materials
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #9, 2018 (September)
Yu.S. Borisov, O.M. Kyslytsia, S.G. Voinarovych, Ie.K. Kuzmych-Ianchuk and S.M. Kaliuzhnyi
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
To determine the range of operating voltages of the plasmatron MP-04 of installation MPN-004 for microplasma spraying, a family of volt-ampere characteristics was plotted, each of which was measured at the constant composition and consumption of the working gas, length of the arc open section and the design dimensions of the plasmatron. The heat flux was determined by the continuous-flow calorimetry method. It allowed under the conditions of microplasma wire spraying to determine the thermal efficiency of the plasmatron, the average-mass initial enthalpy and the plasma jet temperature depending on the plasmatron operation mode: arc current and plasma-forming gas consumption. 12 Ref., 7 Figures.
microplasma wire spraying, wire materials, argon plasma jet, volt-ampere characteristics of plasmatron, temperature and enthalpy of plasma jet, thermal efficiency coefficient, voltage and current of plasma arc, consumption of plasma-forming gas
- Yushchenko, K.A., Borisov, Yu.S., Kuznetsov, V.D., Korzh, V.M. (2007) Surface engineering. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Bobrov, G.V., Iliin, A.A. (2004) Deposition of inorganic coatings. Moscow, Intermet Engineering [in Russian].
- Borisov, Yu.S., Vojnarovich, S.G., Fomakin, O.O., Yushchenko, K.A. (2002) Plasmatron for spraying of coatings. Pat. 2002076032, Ukraine, Int. Cl. B23K10/00 [in Ukrainian].
- Zhukov, M.F., Smolyakov, V.Ya., Uryukov, B.A. (1973) Electric arc heaters of gas (plasmatrons). Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
- Korotaev, A.S., Kostylyov, A.M., Koba, V.V. et al. (1969) Generators of low-temperature plasma. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
- Donskoj, A.V., Klubnikin, V.S. (1979) Electroplasma processes and systems in mechanical engineering. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Paton, B.E., Gvozdetsky, V.S., Dudko, D.A. et al. (1979) Microplasma welding. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Gladky, P.V. (1999) Thermal characteristics of arc of surfacing plasmatrons. Svarka, 6, 13–15 [in Russian].
- Engelsht, V.S., Gurovich, V.Ts., Desyatkov, G.A. et al. (1990) Theory of electric arc column. Low-temperature plasma. Vol. 1. Novosibirsk, Nauka. [in Russian].
- Korotaev, A.S. (1980) Electric arc plasmatrons. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Borisov, Yu.S., Kharlamov, Yu.A., Sidorenko, L.A., Ardatovskaya, E.N. (1987) Thermal coatings from powder materials. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Borisov, Y.S., Sviridova, I., Voynarovich, S. et al. (2002) Investigation of the microplasma spraying processes. In: of ITSC, Essen, 335–338.