TPWJ, 2018, #9, 23-27 pages
Application of electroslag welding in construction
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #9, 2018 (September)
K.A. Yushchenko, I.I. Lychko, S.M. Kozulin, A.A. Fomakin and I.S. Nesena
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper presents the results of experimental studies and engineering developments, which were the base for creating a technology and technique of performance of electroslag welding with consumable nozzle of reinforcing elements of building columns of a high-rise building. Experience of application of the developed technology in construction of a high-rise building is described. new machines and special technological fixture at performance of welding operations under assembly conditions was demonstrated. 15 Ref., 7 Figures.
building columns, girths, reinforcing elements, electroslag welding, consumable nozzle, special technological fixture, assembly conditions, efficiency of welding operations
- (1980) Electroslag welding and surfacing. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Magic, T., Hampton, Y.A. (1967) Electroslag welding with consumable guide on the Bank of America World Hearquarters Building. J., 47(12), 936–946.
- Baigent, W.W. (1972) Inescapable in heavy columns: Close work high deposition. Des. and Fabr., 45(5), 39–42.
- Hannahs, J., Lea, D. (1970) Where to consider electroslag welding. Metal Prog., 98(5), 62–64.
- (1973) Massive building calls for massive welds. Des. and Fabr., 46(8), 47.
- (1965) Method of production of round columns using electroslag welding. Pat. 24811, Japan [in Russian].
- (1962) Electroslag welding process attains production status. Mach. and Metalwork, 73(8), 128.
- Janice, J., Chambers, Brett R. Manning (2016) Electroslag welding: From shop to field. Structure Magazine, February, 20–23.
- Takahiko Suzuki, Takumi Ishii (2017) Guidebook for preventing brittle fractures of inner diaphragm electroslag welds. Steel Construction Today & Tomorrow, 52, 9–12.
- Sineok, A.G., Demchenko, Yu.V., Proskudin, V.N. et al. (2015) Substantiation of economic efficiency for application of different welding methods and steels for repair of blast furnace jacket No. 4 PJSC MK Azovstal. Svarshchik, 4, 18–21 [in Russian].
- Trufyakov, V.I., Dvoretsky, V.I., Mikheev, P.P. et al. (1990) Strength of welded joints under alternating loads. Ed. by V.I. Trufyakov. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Kozulin, S.M., Podima, G.S. (2016) Device for weld formation in difficult-of-access areas of thick-wall metal structures. In: of 5th All-Ukrainian Sci.-Pract. Conf. of Students, Postgraduate Students and Junior Scientists on Applied Geometry, Design, Objects of Intellectual Property and Innovation Activity of Students and Junior Scientists. Kyiv, DIYa, 5, 127–131 [in Ukrainian].
- Kozulin, S.M., Podyma, G.S. (2018) Forming devices for electroslag welding of reinforcement elements of building column openings. In: of 5th All-Ukr. Sci.-Pract. Conf. of Students, Postgraduate Students and Junior Scientists on Applied Geometry, Design, Objects of Intellectual Property and Innovation Activity of Students and Junior Scientists. Kyiv, DIYa, 7, 62–66 [in Russian].
- Yushchenko, K.A., Lychko, I.I., Kozulin, S.M. et al. (2012) Portable apparatus for consumable-nozzle electroslag welding. The Paton Welding J., 8, 45–46.