Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #9, 2018, pp. 23-28
Investigation of electric and energy characteristics of the plasmatron in microplasma spraying with wire materials
Yu.S. Borisov, A.N. Kislitsa, S.G. Voynarovich, E.K. Kuzmich-Yanchuk, S.N. Kalyuzhny
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
To determine the range of operating voltages of the plasmatron MP-04 of the installation MPN-004 for microplasma spraying, a family of volt-ampere characteristics was plotted, each of them was taken at the constant composition and consumption of the working gas, the length of the arc open section and the design dimensions of plasma. The heat flow was determined by the flow-through calorimetry method. It allowed determining the thermal efficiency of the plasmatron, the average mass initial enthalpy and the temperature of the plasma jet, depending on the plasmatron operating mode, i.e. arc current and plasma-forming gas consumption, under conditions of the microplasma wire spraying process. 13 Ref., 7 Fig.
Keywords: microplasma wire spraying, wire materials, argon plasma jet, volt-ampere characteristics of plasmatron, temperature and enthalpy of plasma jet, thermal efficiency coefficient, voltage and current strength of plasma arc, consumption of plasma-forming gas
- Yushchenko, K.A., Borisov, Yu.S., Kuznetsov, V.D., Korzh, V.M. (2007) Surface engineering. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Bobrov, G.V., Iliin,, A.A. (2004) Deposition of inorganic coatings. Moscow, Intermet Engineering [in Russian].
- Borisov, Yu.S., Vojnarovich, S.G., Fomakin, O.O., Yushchenko, K.A. (2002) Plasmatron for spraying of coatings. Pat. 2002076032, Ukraine, Int. Cl. B23K10/00 [in Ukrainian].
- Zhukov, M.F., Smolyakov, V.Ya., Uryukov, B.A. (1973) Electric arc heaters of gas (plasmatrons). Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
- Korotaev, A.S., Kostylyov, A.M., Koba, V.V. et al. (1969) Generators of low-temperature plasma. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
- Donskoj, A.V., Klubnikin, V.S. (1979) Electroplasma processes and systems in mechanical engineering. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Paton, B.E., Gvozdetsky, V.S., Dudko, D.A. et al. (1979) Microplasma welding. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Gladky, P.V. (1999) Thermal characteristics of arc of surfacing plasmatrons. Svarka, 6, 13-15 [in Russian].
- Engelsht, V.S., Gurovich, V.Ts., Desyatkov, G.A. et al. (1990) Theory of electric arc column. Low-temperature plasma. Vol. 1. Novosibirsk, Nauka. [in Russian].
- Korotaev, A.S. (1980) Electric arc plasmatrons. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Borisov, Yu.S., Kharlamov, Yu.A., Sidorenko, L., Ardatovskaya, E.N. (1987) Thermal coatings from powder materials. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Borisov, Yu.S., Sviridova, I., Voynarovich, S. et al. (2002) Investigation of the microplasma spraying processes. In: of ITSC, Essen, 335-338.