TPWJ, 2018, #11-12, 126-133 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #11-12, 2018 (November)
Electron beam technologies of welding, surfacing, prototyping: results and prospects
V.M. Nesterenkov, K.S. Khripko and V.A. Matviichuk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For many decades the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine has been specializing in the development of technology and equipment for electron beam welding of modern structural alloys. The electron beam equipment developed at the Institute allows solving problems of joining the elements of complex structures of different branches of industry. The examples and technical capabilities of the installations, mostly demanded by industry, are shown. A number of products are given, in the production of which both equipment and new technological processes were successfully applied, which include restoration repair of parts of gas turbine engines and the technologies of layer-by-layer manufacturing of products using the method of rapid prototyping.
electron beam welding, equipment, repair, 3D technologies
1. Hamm, R.W. (2008) Reviews of accelerator science and technology. Industrial Accelerators, 1, 163–184.
2. Paton, B.E., Nazarenko, O.K., Nesterenkov, V.M. et al. (2004) Computer control of electron beam welding with multi-coordinate displacements of the gun and workpiece. The Paton Welding J., 5, 2–5.
3. Nazarenko, O.K. et al. (1987) Electron beam welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
4. Matvejchuk, V.A. (2016) Systems for visualization of welding processes in real-time mode using noise-proof channel for transfer of secondary electron emission signal. The Paton Welding J., 5–6, 59–62. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.10
5. Nesterenkov, V.M., Orsa, Yu.V., Khripko, K.S., Gusev, Yu.V. (2017) Restoration repair of elements and units of gas turbine engines. Ibid., 11, 13–17. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.11.02
6. Nesterenkov V.M., Matvejchuk V.A. and Rusynik M.O. (2018) Manufacture of industrial products using electron beam technologies for 3D-printing. Ibid., 1, 24–28. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.01.05 https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.01.05
7. Nesterenkov V.M., Matvejchuk V.A., Rusynik M.O. and Ovchinnikov A.V. (2017) Application of additive electron beam technologies for manufacture of parts of VT1-0 titanium alloy powders. Ibid., 3, 2–6. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.03.01 https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.03.01