TPWJ, 2019, #4, 2-4 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #4, 2019 (April)
Influence of parameters of electrodynamic treatment on residual stresses of welded joints of alloy AMg6
L.M. Lobanov, N.A. Pashchin, A.N. Timoshenko, O.L. Mikhoduj, P.V. Goncharov and A.V. Cherkashin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The influence of parameters, determining the different duration of electrodynamic effect on reduction of level of residual stresses in welds of butt joints of aluminium alloy AMg6 as a result of electrodynamic treatment, was investigated. It is shown that the increase in electrodynamic effect duration, attained by the increase in inductance of a discharge circuit at constant amplitude values of a pulsed electric current, is characterized by a higher increase in time of current decay as compared with the period of its growing. At the same time, the increase in duration of electrodynamic effect leads to the increase in the method efficiency for reducing the level of residual stresses in welded joints of AMg6 alloy. It is noted that at the duration of t
≥ 0.7ms the reduction in stresses is determined by the electromagnetic effect intensity and Joule heating of the plate surface. 5 Ref., 1 Table, 4 Figures.
electrodynamic treatment, aluminium alloys, electric current pulse, residual welding stresses, electrodynamic effect duration
1. Baranov, Yu.V., Troitsky, O.A., Avramov, Yu.S., Shlyapin, A.D. (2001) Physical principles of electropulse and electroplastic treatments. Moscow, MGIU [in Russian].
2. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, N.A., Cherkashin, A.V. et al. (2012) Efficiency of electrodynamic treatment of aluminium alloy AMg6 and its welded joints. The Paton Welding J., 1, 2-6.
3. Strizhalo, V.A., Novogrudsky, L.S., Vorobiov,E.V. (2008) Strength of materials at cryogenic temperatures taking into account electromagnetic fields. Kiev, IPS [in Russian].
4. Belova, M.M., Protsenko, S.S., Ivanov, A.V. (1987) Dynamics of deformation of elastic-plastic layer in impulse energy release. Problemy Prochnosti, 12, 87-91 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01523133
5. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, N.A., Yashchuk, V.A., Mikhoduj, O.L. (2015) Effect of electrodynamic treatment on fracture resistance of aluminium alloy AMg6 under cyclic loading. Ibid., 3, 91-98 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-015-9676-5