Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #4, 2019, pp. 3-6
Influence of parameters of electrodynamic treatment on residual stresses of welded joints of AMG6 alloy
L.M. Lobanov, N.A. Pashchin, A.N. Tymoshenko, O.L. Mikhoduy, P.V. Goncharov, A.V. Cherkashin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
The influence of the parameters determining different duration of electrodynamic effect on reduction of the level of residual stresses in the welds of butt joints of the aluminum AMg6 alloy as a result of electrodynamic treatment was investigated. It is shown that an increase in the duration of electrodynamic effect, achieved by growing in the inductance of the discharge circuit at constant amplitude values of a pulsed electric current, is characterized by a greater increase in the period of current decay as compared to the period of its increment. At the same time, the increase in the duration of electrodynamic effect leads to an increase in the efficiency of the method for reducing the level of residual stresses in the welded joints of the AMg6 alloy. It is noted that at a duration t ≥ 0.7 ms, the decrease in stresses is determined by the intensity of electrodynamic effect and the Joule heating of the plate surface. 5 Ref., 1 Tabl., 4 Fig.
electrodynamic treatment, aluminum alloys, electric current pulse, residual welding stresses, duration of electrodynamic effect
1. Baranov, Yu.V., Troitsky, O.A., Avramov, Yu.S., Shlyapin, A.D. (2001) Physical principles of electropulse and electroplastic treatments. Moscow, MGIU [in Russian].
2. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, N.A., Cherkashin, A.V. et al. (2012) Efficiency of electrodynamic treatment of aluminium alloy AMg6 and its welded joints. The Paton Welding J., 1, 2-6.
3. Strizhalo, V.A., Novogrudsky, L.S., Vorobiov,E.V. (2008) Strength of materials at cryogenic temperatures taking into account electromagnetic fields. Kiev, IPS [in Russian].
4. Belova, M.M., Protsenko, S.S., Ivanov, A.V. (1987) Dynamics of deformation of elastic-plastic layer in impulse energy release. Problemy Prochnosti, 12, 87-91 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01523133
5. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, N.A., Yashchuk, V.A., Mikhoduj, O.L. (2015) Effect of electrodynamic treatment on fracture resistance of aluminium alloy AMg6 under cyclic loading. Ibid., 3, 91-98 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-015-9676-5