Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #4, 2019, pp. 42-45
Formation of metal pool in current-supplying mould at electroslag process
Yu. M. Kuskov and T. I. Grishchenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv.
The results presented were on experiments of effect of different technological parameters on formation of metal pool at electroslag surfacing with discrete filler or electrode or non-conducting billet of large section in current-supplying mould. It is determined that shape of the metal pool can be effected by means of variation of electrical mode of the process, electrical scheme of connection of current-supplying mould using direct and alternating current. The ways for obtaining a correct shape of the metal pool at increased productivity of electroslag process were shown. 8 Ref. , 2 Tabl., 2 Fig.
circular and edge electroslag surfacing, current-supplying mould, metal pool
1. (1986) Metallurgy of electroslag process. Ed. by B.E. Paton, B.I. Medovar. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
2. Iu, K.O., Doming, J.A., Flanders, H.D. (1987) Macrosegregation in Inconel 718 alloy, produced by ESR and VAR. Electroslag remelting: Issue 9. In: Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Vacuum Metallurgy, Special Types of Melting and Metallurgical Coatings (Linz, Austria, 30.09-4.10.1985), 164-170.
3. Chumakov, I.V., Pyatygin, D.A. (2006) Peculiarities of electroslag remelting at direct current with rotation of consumable electrode. Izv. Vuzov. Chyorn. Metallurgiya, 3, 22-25 [in Russian].
4. Ksendzyk, G.V., Frumin, I.I., Shirin, V.S. (1981) Electroslag remelting and surfacing apparatus. USA, Pat. 4.305.451.
5. Kuskov, Yu.M. (2006) Resource-saving technology of restoration and manufacture of parts by electroslag surfacing method. Tekhnologiya Mashinostroeniya, 6, 40-42 [in Russian].
6. Ksendzyk, G.V., Frumin, I.I., Shirin, V.S. (1980) Electroslag remelting and surfacing apparatus. USA, Pat. 4.185.682.
7. Kuskov, Yu.M., Soloviov, V.G., Lentyugov, I.P. Zhdanov, V.A. (2018) Role of slag pool in process of surfacing in current-carrying mould. Sovrem. Elektrometall., 2, 41-44 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2018.02.05
8. Kubin, M., Scheriau, A., Knabl, M., Holzgruber, H., Korp, Y. (2016) Investigation of the implication of the current conductive mould technology with respect to the internal and surface quality of ESR ingots. In: Proc. of Medovar Memorial Symposium (Ukraine, Kyiv, 7-10 June, 2016), 174-179.