TPWJ, 2019, #9, 34-39 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #9, 2019 (October)
Economic and statistical review of the world and regional markets of welding materials
A.A. Mazur, O.K. Makovetskaya, S.V. Pustovojt and V.S. Petruk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electric arc welding is one of the basic technologies of the industrial economy, with the help of which a significant share of GDP in industrialized countries is created. In such countries, one can observe a steady development of welding production — an increase in the consumption of structural materials, appearance of new materials, technologies and equipment for welding at the market. The main structural material for manufacture of welded structures is steel (its share is over 90 %). The state-of-the-art of steel and alloys production largely determines the dynamics of development of welding production. The article presents economic and statistical information on the development of world production and consumption of steel, dynamics of the world market of welding materials, analysis of which allows making the conclusion about the increase in the volume of welding production in the world in the foreseeable future and the growth of demand for welding materials. The growth in consumption of welding materials in the world is largely determined by the rate of development of welding production in China, which is far ahead of other countries and regions in this regard. The development of welding production leads to gradual reduction in the share of manual arc welding and a wider use of semi-automatic and automatic welding. The level of mechanization and automation of arc welding is constantly increasing both in separate countries, as well as in the world as a whole. 8 Ref., 5 Tables, 9 Figures.
Keywords: welding, welding production, structural and welding materials, technologies, steel production, market, state-of-the-art, prospects
1. World Steel Association. https://www.worldsteel.org/steelby-topic/statistics/Steel-industry-economic-impact-.html
2. World Steel Association. https://www.worldsteel.org/en/dam/jcr:fdf44918-de3b-455b-9083-f770afa4a214/OE%2520Executive %2520Summary.pdf
3. Askerov, E. (2019) Economic impact of world steel industry. https://www.worldsteel.org/media-centre/blog/2019/economic-impact-of-the-global-steel-industry.html
4. World Steel Association. https://www.worldsteel.org/mediacentre/press-releases/2019/Global-crude-steel-outputincreases-by-4.6--in-2018.html
5. Metallurgy in 2017. https://wtcmoscow.ru/services/international-partnership/analitycs/metallurgiya-v-2017-godu/
6. (2012) Worldwide demand for welding consumables. The Japan Welding News For The World, 16(59), 5.
7. (2013) Worldwide demand for welding consumables. Ibid., 17(63), 6.
8. (2017) Worldwide demand for welding consumables. Ibid., 21(79), 5.