TPWJ, 2019, #9, 43-46 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #9, 2019 (October)
Effect of tellurium on microstructure of low-alloy cast iron deposited by electroslag method in current-carrying mold
Yu.M. Kuskov1, F.K. Biktagirov1 and M.A. Fesenko2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
National Technical University of Ukraine «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute»
37 Peremohy Prosp., 02056, Kyiv, Ukraine
Cast iron is one of the main structural materials, having a number of valuable service properties, in particular, wear resistance. Improvement of this characteristic is usually achieved by changing the structure of cast iron due to introduction of expensive alloying elements into its composition. The experiments carried out showed the possibility of transforming gray low-alloy cast iron to chilled wear-resistant one, due to modification of the deposited metal by small portions of tellurium powder. Electroslag surfacing was carried out in a current-carrying mold with melting of filler in the form of chips of low-alloy cast iron in the slag layer and additionally introducing flux-cored wire with a charge, containing tellurium powder, into the slag pool. 6 Ref., 9 Figures.
Keywords: electroslag surfacing, current-carrying mold, low-alloy cast iron chips, tellurium, metal structure
1. Kindyakov, P.S., Korshunov, B.G., Fedorov, P.I., Kislyakov, I.P. (1976) Chemistry and technology of rare and scattered elements. Pt 3. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola [in Russian].
2. (1985) Properties of elements: Refer Book. Ed. by M.E. Dritsa. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
3. Houdremont, E. (1966) Special steels. Vol. 3. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
4. Krivosheev, A.E. (1957) Cast rolls. Moscow, Metallurgizdat [in Russian].
5. Kuskov, Yu.M., Gordan, G.N., Bogajchuk, I.L., Kajda, T.V. (2015) Electroslag surfacing using discrete materials of different methods of manufacture. The Paton Welding J., 5-6, 30-33. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.06
6. Shchupak, G.B., Us, V.I., Kuskov, Yu.M. et al. (1993) Dosing system of filler materials in electroslag technology. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 1, 29-31 [in Russian].