Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #9, 2019, pp. 57-61
Effect of tellurium on microstructure of low-alloyed cast iron deposited by electroslag method in current-carrying mold
Yu.M. Kuskov1, F.K. Biktagirov1, M.A. Fesenko2
E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
National Technical University of Ukraine «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute», 37, Pobedy Ave., Kiev-56, Ukraine
Cast iron is one of the main structural materials, having a number of valuable service properties, in particular wear resistance. Usually, improvement of this indicator is achieved by changing the structure of cast iron due to introduction of expensive alloying elements into its composition. The carried out experiments showed the possibility of transforming a gray low-alloyed iron to white wear-resistant one due to modification of deposited metal by small portions of tellurium powder. Electroslag surfacing was carried out in a current-carrying mold with melting of filler in the slag layer in the form of chips of a low-alloy cast iron and additionally introducing of flux-cored wire with a charge, containing tellurium powder into the slag pool. 6 Ref., 9 Fig.
electroslag surfacing, current-carrying mold, low-alloy cast iron chips, tellurium, metal structure
1. Kindyakov, P.S., Korshunov, B.G., Fedorov, P.I., Kislyakov, I.P. (1976) Chemistry and technology of rare and scattered elements. Pt 3. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola [in Russian].
2. (1985) Properties of elements: Refer Book. Ed. by M.E. Dritsa. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
3. Houdremont, E. (1966) Special steels. Vol. 3. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
4. Krivosheev, A.E. (1957) Cast rolls. Moscow, Metallurgizdat [in Russian].
5. Kuskov, Yu.M., Gordan, G.N., Bogajchuk, I.L., Kajda, T.V. (2015) Electroslag surfacing using discrete materials of different methods of manufacture. The Paton Welding J., 5-6, 30-33. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.06
6. Shchupak, G.B., Us, V.I., Kuskov, Yu.M. et al. (1993) Dosing system of filler materials in electroslag technology. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 1, 29-31 [in Russian].