The Paton Welding Journal, 2020, #10, 2-6 pages
Development of technology and equipment for press welding of tubular parts under the conditions of production for the purpose of saving resources and increase in the realiability of high-loaded products
S.I. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, V.S. Kachynskyi and M.P. Koval
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Replacement of outdated technologies in the production of tubular parts is an urgent task. The paper presents the materials
of carried out investigations on press welding of high-loaded steel tubular parts with a diameter of up to 120 mm
and wall thickness of up to 6 mm, development of control system, metallographic and mechanical examinations on
determination of the properties of welded joints. The main technological advantages of press welding of high-loaded
products are shown. 7 Ref., 3 Tables, 6 Figures.
high-loaded steel tubular parts, press magnetically-impelled arc welding, control system of welding
process, technological parameters of welding process
1. Hagan, D., Riley, N. (1979) MIAB welding. Pt 2. Fabrication
the fiesta rear axle. Metal Construction, 12, 625, 627–629.
2. Ganovski, F.J. (1974) The magnetarc welding process. Weld.
Met. Fab., 5, 206–213
3. Kenji Takagi, Hirokazu Otsuka, Fumiho Abakida et al. (1987)
Establishment of optimum welding conditions of magnetically
impelled arc butt welding and application to field operation,
4. Edson, D.A. (1982) Magnetically impelled arc butt welding of
thick wall tubes, IIW, III-726–82, July 1982.
5. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Kachinsky, V.S., Ignatenko, V.Yu., et
al. (2010) Magnetically-impelled arc butt welding of pipes of
steel X70. The Paton Welding J. 7, 29–31.
6. Kachynskyi, V.S., Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Koval, M.P. (2020) Press magnetically-impelled arc welding of hight-strenght steel tubular parts of hudravlic cylinders. Ibid, 1, 43-48 https://doi.org/10.37434/tpwj2020.01.06
7. Koval, M.P., Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Kachynskyi, V.S. (2020) System of control, registration of parameters and monitoring in the process of press welding of pipes using magneticallyimpelled arc, Ibid., 6, 36-40 https://doi.org/10.37434/tpwj2020.06.07